Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Original Hotshot back in action 6 years 6 months ago #45607

Wanted to share some pics of an 80's vintage Hotshot. Bought and built at the same time as my Wild Willy.
They were half price, hobby shop was going out of business. Wish I would have bought more.

The black bag on the motor was totally melted and hard. Buffed off with wire wheel.
Tires were badly cracked.
Ordered 4 OEM tires from hobbymc on Ebay. Great seller.
Found it best to cut tire making it easier to remove without damaging the wheels.

I cleaned it up and replaced rubber. Remember now what I didn't like about this kit. They radio equipment is very cramped and has the danger of the wiring rubbing or wrapping around the drive shaft. Otherwise a very nice quality car.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: Clicked "Insert" on your uploaded images to make them display in the post.

Original Hotshot back in action 6 years 6 months ago #45609

What a beauty!
There are few RC models that can compare to the Hotshot's aggressive looks and overall cool design. But I agree with you, the closed radio compartment (with rotating part inside!) is a total miss by Tamiya. :ohmy:

You have done a great restoration on this one, you even got hold of a new rubber bag for the motor!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Original Hotshot back in action 6 years 6 months ago #45610

Beautifull hotshot. :y:

Original Hotshot back in action 6 years 6 months ago #45621

What a beauty!
There are few RC models that can compare to the Hotshot's aggressive looks and overall cool design. But I agree with you, the closed radio compartment (with rotating part inside!) is a total miss by Tamiya. :ohmy:

You have done a great restoration on this one, you even got hold of a new rubber bag for the motor!

Thank you.

Had 4 new rubber bags in stock that are in great condition. The one on the motor that lived in the attic for years was like black hard crinkle paint.

Original Hotshot back in action 6 years 6 months ago #45625

The one on the motor that lived in the attic for years was like black hard crinkle paint.

I've had a few of those myself, very hard to get off, almost baked into the motor. :ohmy:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: AOK54

Last edit: by larbut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.