Keyword

TOPIC:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47180

More shocks at last for the re-re hopper build, fronts are off an HSP 1/16 buggy 65mm, hopefully i can change ends to make them less than 60mm eye to eye, rears are longer fastrax 85mm, and a metal gear servo because why not :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47181

Dude!!!

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47182

Dude!!!

I know Flo, "more money than sense" springs to mind haha :dry: :dry: :dry:
The front shocks i fitted yesterday are too short a stroke and a bit stiff, they were for a road/drift car so i was expecting that, these new 1/16 buggy ones if i can get them short enough to fit are perfect for stroke and softness, the hopper is so light at the front end which makes it awkward to get right, and the back one are needed because now ive got the front sat where i want it, the back end is sat a bit low, so raising it a few mm will look better and also cause a little bit of weight transfer towards the front so win win hopefully
The servo was just because i could, and metal gears will make the steering a bit tighter of course :) :) :)

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47183

Sway bar bits have just turned up as well
So i can have a play at making a rock buster style one for the hopper

Last edit: by goldfish999.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47185

:) Sure for a common human, build a grasshopper for 3 or 4 x the price is insense.... but this one looks so awesome. I normally sold my gh1 but I am full of regrets now..

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47187

:) " build a grasshopper for 3 or 4 x the price is insane...."

It will all be good in the end Flo, It wont be more than 3x and i will have a bag of bits left over that im sure i can sell for £25 hahaha :cry: :cry: :cry:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47188

You have here your built and it is perfect Alan. A pure grass.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47189

A sneak preview of the front sway bar
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47190

Perfect.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47194

Perfect.

Nearly, 1.2mm piano wire to soft and 1.6mm is too hard, and I can’t find any 1.4 grrrr :(

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.