Keyword

TOPIC:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47195

Warm the 1,6mm it will be softer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47196

The 1.2 might be ok when/if I get the 1/16 shocks to fit, so it can stay as it is , a good idea tho Flo, what temp do ya recon would be required, glowing red I would think

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47198

When the wire is cherry red it's ok and Keep it become cold.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47199

Ah yes I remember now, it’s called anealing if I remember right, may well be spelled wrong haha
I’ve been thinking about making it pretty now and I think I’m going to paint the shock mount/sway bar plates and the side bars and the front sway bar mounts the same as the body, what do you recon Flo?

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47201

That should be nice.

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47241

Ford Electric Orange, used of Ford Focus ST (2005-11) will make the Kyosho Scorpion 2014 chrome wheels stand out nicely i think :)

"Electric Orange is unique to the new Focus ST . The colour, bright and rich at the same time, comes from a special four-coat layer paint technology. Where cars typically have two layers -- colour and clear coat -- Electric Orange consists of four: the orange colour, a clear coat, a third "effect" coat that is comprised of more minerals than regular metallic paints, and finally a second clear coat to complete the process and add a deeper tone."

Looks like my painting skills might be tested, already had the paint (in aerosol cans) made up at my local automotive paint shop, five cans in total, plasticiser, white primer, undercoat, topcoat an clearcoat (clearcoat used after undercoat and topcoat, as above) :dry: :unsure: :dry: :unsure:

I used Halfords Electric Orange (white primer, many coats of a very thin pearlescent "colour" coat, plus clear) - in very low light it's a nice shade, in very very bright light it looks a bit spangly, but most of the time it's very underwhelming. Hopefully your 5 can method is going to look better :y:

I had a though about decals though - I suspect the green & definitely the blue are going to be thoroughly vomit inducing against the orange - but MCIRacing (mciracing.ca/pr...rasshopper) let you change specific colours - unfortunately there's no configurator element to see what it's come out like, but 10 mins of basic replacing in PSP suggests if you replaced "apple green" with metallic gold and "green" to brown - and I suspect spending an extra 8 bucks to replace "intense blue" with mirror gold is small potatoes compared with the total budget ;), a custom set of decals would look something like this (only less crap):

:)
Attachments:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47242

That looks greater like that Jonny. :y:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47243

Ford Electric Orange, used of Ford Focus ST (2005-11) will make the Kyosho Scorpion 2014 chrome wheels stand out nicely i think :)

"Electric Orange is unique to the new Focus ST . The colour, bright and rich at the same time, comes from a special four-coat layer paint technology. Where cars typically have two layers -- colour and clear coat -- Electric Orange consists of four: the orange colour, a clear coat, a third "effect" coat that is comprised of more minerals than regular metallic paints, and finally a second clear coat to complete the process and add a deeper tone."

Looks like my painting skills might be tested, already had the paint (in aerosol cans) made up at my local automotive paint shop, five cans in total, plasticiser, white primer, undercoat, topcoat an clearcoat (clearcoat used after undercoat and topcoat, as above) :dry: :unsure: :dry: :unsure:

I used Halfords Electric Orange (white primer, many coats of a very thin pearlescent "colour" coat, plus clear) - in very low light it's a nice shade, in very very bright light it looks a bit spangly, but most of the time it's very underwhelming. Hopefully your 5 can method is going to look better :y:

I had a though about decals though - I suspect the green & definitely the blue are going to be thoroughly vomit inducing against the orange - but MCIRacing (mciracing.ca/pr...rasshopper) let you change specific colours - unfortunately there's no configurator element to see what it's come out like, but 10 mins of basic replacing in PSP suggests if you replaced "apple green" with metallic gold and "green" to brown - and I suspect spending an extra 8 bucks to replace "intense blue" with mirror gold is small potatoes compared with the total budget ;), a custom set of decals would look something like this (only less crap):

:)

I didnt know this could be done Jonny, i dont even know what PSP is/stands for haha
Love the decals in the colours you have suggested, the only thing im wondering is should i go with the old/real or new/fake sponsor decals since it is a re-re new build after all, cant make my mind up on that one :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47244

Mciracing makes a vintage repro decals sheet. In my mind you should order vintage sponsors. That is more realistic and you have a custom grass. That could be very good.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

yayyyy :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47246

I didnt know this could be done Jonny, i dont even know what PSP is/stands for haha
Love the decals in the colours you have suggested, the only thing im wondering is should i go with the old/real or new/fake sponsor decals since it is a re-re new build after all, cant make my mind up on that one :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

PSP, Paint Shop Pro - think very elderly, light version of PhotoShop - but better than MS Paint ;) :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.