Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 4 weeks ago #54639

As I reported in another topic a couple of months ago, this lovely collection of motors showed up on my doorstep:

One does not need any particular reason to buy a bunch of great motors, but at some point I need to decide what to actually do with them. I have a backlog of re-re's and other models to build, and I am trying to form a plan. The pink Acto-Power will go into the Dyna Storm which will free up the other mystery pink motor that comes with that kit. The Dyna-Tech 01R will go into the Egress and the Dyna-Tech 02H will go into the Super Astute.

I'm not sure where to put the two Dyna-Run motors. These came out after the First 100, so it doesn't seem right to put them into a classic model. What would be a good home for them? Touring cars or light buggies seem the most logical, but I don't want to break anything by over powering it. All my cars are runners so it has to actually work.

That mystery pink motor from the Dyna Storm will also need a home. I'm assuming it would go well in almost any buggy. The TRF201XR I still need to build will probably get a brushless system.

Then there are the motors I don't yet have. I have a Bigwig to build and it should really get a TechniGold. The Supershot should get a TechniPower. Now I just need to find those motors!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 4 weeks ago #54640

The black dyna should be ok in a ta02 and the silver in a ta03.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 4 weeks ago #54642

The black dyna should be ok in a ta02 and the silver in a ta03.

For TA-02 I've got the 40th anniversary Porsche 934 (Jager) and the Lancia 037 Rally. I don't want to overpower the Porsche and risk damaging it; it is too special. Maybe I'll try the black Dyna in the Lancia. I don't have any TA-03s at the moment. The 30th anniversary Porsche 934 (Vaillant) is a TA-05, but again I don't want to risk it. I've got a couple of TBs but they are already brushless. Hmm. The silver Dyna is a pretty hot motor if I am understanding right.

Edit: Looks like I had that backwards. The black motor is the hot one at 13 turns. The silver is 20 turns.

Last edit: by blakbird.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 4 weeks ago #54643

You can maybe trim the motor to have less power. Or lower the gas command ;)

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 4 weeks ago #54646

Help me decide where to put these motors

I wanna help you out here, So feel free to walk them down in a box with my details on it and put it in one of these :laugh:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 3 weeks ago #54656

To pair your new engines with the appropriate car, easiest would be using a visual representation of your car selection together with your motors and their respective turns. What car could do with a powerfull motor.

Personally I always install the stock 540-motor in all new kits, I test-run the vehicle, and then if it is a type that can go fast (like the TT-chassis), I have an arsenal of brushless 540-motors that if they physically fit, are installed.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 3 weeks ago #54671

To pair your new engines with the appropriate car, easiest would be using a visual representation of your car selection together with your motors and their respective turns. What car could do with a powerfull motor.

Personally I always install the stock 540-motor in all new kits, I test-run the vehicle, and then if it is a type that can go fast (like the TT-chassis), I have an arsenal of brushless 540-motors that if they physically fit, are installed.

That's excellent advice. I also generally start with a silver can in everything. You can find a list of all my cars, both built and unbuilt, here . I'd prefer to put the Dyna-Run's in something I haven't built yet, but I am not opposed to going back and swapping them into something I've already built.

I wanna help you out here, So feel free to walk them down in a box with my details on it and put it in one of these :laugh:

I will keep that in mind for Plan B.

Last edit: by blakbird.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 3 weeks ago #54673

I'm browsing your webpage here www.technicopedia.com/RC and I must say that you are one badword of a tech-dude. Removing the "RC" from the link I see more awesome stuff, lego builds and robots and stuff, and you have so many cars!! You need a large museum for your exhibition.

.. and your Pajero is awesome. I recently bought a Pajero body for my CC01, I'm not yet sure what color I want it to be, perhaps purple like yours.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 3 weeks ago #54675

and your Pajero is awesome. I recently bought a Pajero body for my CC01, I'm not yet sure what color I want it to be, perhaps purple like yours.

Maybe a dark metal blue side band and silver/ champagne on the rest of the car ;)

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Help me decide where to put these motors 5 years 3 weeks ago #54679

Hmm.. really? OK, I will consider it, only because you are french.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.