Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54661

Got this a week or two ago, from Tamico, built it, drove it, and I love it. It is the Mitsubishi's last contribution to the Paris-Dakar race in 2009. A beautiful body on the DF-01 chassi, very similar to Tamiya's old Hummer kit on the TA01 with that same wheelbase.

As usual, a precisely cut out body, but unpainted. I'd need to buy some champagne and strawberries before I do anything cosmetic, right now I am the mechanic, and as such I have no artistic abilities whatsoever.

The DF-01 chassi is a 4WD buggy-type with shortened arms and dampers to fit a narrow body, sort of a hybrid between a on-road car and an off-road.

Here's a shot of what happens when driving in a humid or wet environment, with the winter-sand still on the ground. At this moment I'm only testing the chassi, body is still pre-cut with sharp edges.

... and here's a little clip just for you, running all stock except for ball-joints on the dampers
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54667

A lovely and fast rc my friend. Congrats.

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54672

Thank you my french friend. Yes, I think it's fast enough considered I'm using the supplied pinion gear. I can swap it for a larger one making the car plenty faster.

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54674

With the 21t pinion it is enough with the silvercan. gearboxes are a little fragile.

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54680

Yes I think so too. I don't need some over-tuned super-spec monster. I am perfectly happy with scale proportions of size to speed. I mean, if it goes 20-25 km/h, then x10 would be 200-250 km/h.

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54682

Yep. Stock is often the best.

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54696

Hi
I got mine two years a go. I have only chanced the tires , the rest is stock. Nice car to drive. A tribute to the old Dakar.

Henk

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54700

Interesting. What tires are you using now?

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54701

The rims en tires from my tamiya cc-01 touareg
Attachments:

Mitsubishi Racing Lancer (kit 58421) 5 years 3 weeks ago #54702

Bingo! Uncletom try hilift wheeles. Classic rims with soft and sticky tires. ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.