Keyword

TOPIC:

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59513

Spend half day reassembling then disassembling it (550 motor appears seized but applying a battery it works...) So I swapped it for a 240s le mans it runs fine now... Had to re do too the steering linkage, now it goes true straight
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, kwkride

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59524

The car you got is actually a Hi Rider II, which apart of the bodyshell, has nothing to do with the original Kyosho Hi Rider.
The chassis of the Hi Rider II was taken from a buggy, and on dirt is faster than the original because of the lower weight and smaller tires. The Hi Rider has a heavier monster-truck chassis with large fat tires. I have the original and love it. Those chrome engines must really be one of the best things Kyosho ever did! :)

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59525

HR2 new built and never ran. But with time the msc toasted. :(

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59541

Today drove it on dirt, quite fun , but the unmitigated shitte I read about.... Isn't undrivable at all, if rear axle drifts all you have to do is a bit of countersteer...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59542

It was its first run. Congrats jaume.

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59566

How I can remove the simulated engine (want to clean it) there's no screws so either is glued or double sided taped.

Btw gorgeous Finnish, the more I stare it the more I love it.

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59567

Look into the manual. If it not screwed, it should be double side tapped

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59568

If your car was built as per the manual, then the dummy engine is attached with double sided tape. Be careful not to break the body when forcing it. Why not use an old toothbrush with soap to clean it without removing it, then let dry?

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59569

It has around 25 years of dust. It was exposed in my room. :D

Kyosho hi rider 3 years 10 months ago #59579

If your car was built as per the manual, then the dummy engine is attached with double sided tape. Be careful not to break the body when forcing it. Why not use an old toothbrush with soap to clean it without removing it, then let dry?

Want to fully disassemble it then paint it on more accurate colours (red on engine block with gloss silver on manifolds)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.