Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60768

Hi there, i been in a rush and bought too many df01 chassis.. Thought i might put them apart for spare parts, but now we change... We will make three similar buggies, so no more "dad, that is unfair" complaining from my kids πŸ’ͺ🏻😁. As i also got that nitro rev storm... Is there anything against putting large wheels on that df01??? Those wheels got 12hex as well... Not hitting body or chassisπŸ‘πŸ»... I am not sure if that is good for the gears???... Torque tuned 540.mounted... Still lots of work to get everything refurbished... But plenty of parts now 😁😁😁
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60771

Hey there, Look forward to seeing some builds ;) I wouldn't say wheel's that big would be good for the gears, Especially since the gears are plastic :ohmy:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Zilleberlin

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60773

Hey Andy, yes... that matches my concerns... guess I stick to the small buggy style ones... the big ones go onto my monster beetle then. At the moment we got one Dirt Thrasher that runs so lovely, that I bought the other ones ;). Got two working Manta Rays and two chassis (almost rtr). Both get completely refurbished, ball bearings, new esc etc... As I am still waiting on the parts for the beetle :(. But honest... besides motor mount, motor, GPM steering upgrade (NOT the knuckles!) and ball bearings... there is nothing I would change on that DF01... shocks are good, transmission is awesome... pure fun driving and the battery lasts for EVER!!!!... I am so much in love, I need to take pills to avoid buying more chassis :D :D :D

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60774

Put alloy motor support and put 17 teeth pinion in place of the 19. That should be good with a sport tuned and your big wheeles

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60788

I ran this DF-01 a few times with oversized wheels and have found no issues. Gears are cheap anyway. :)

Edit - same motor as you mentioned by the way.

Last edit: by Edou.

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60790

Did you know, that there was a "Super Manta Ray".. chassis was slightly different, but sort of Mad Bull Style... with those Lunchbox tires...

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60791

It was an XB ("Expert Built") ready to run model more like a QD ("Quick Drive") chassis, and it didn't have Lunchbox tyres :)

I'd be more worried about the motor & ESC overheating than the effect big wheels have on gears, though you'd probably get away with it on low drag surfaces/wide open spaces (not spending much time at low speed or stopping/starting).

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60794

Did you know, that there was a "Super Manta Ray".. chassis was slightly different, but sort of Mad Bull Style... with those Lunchbox tires...

Yes and no, as Jonny already pointed out.
It's main difference was the chassis tub, rest is as good as identical to the normal manta ray.

Manta Ray 3 years 9 months ago #60811

Was about time to start sorting the things i bought meanwhile... Not shown on picture is the dirt thrasher, runs perfect... Beetle: waiting for some spare parts... The rest: get two running df01 one with manta ray body, one different body. Fully disassemble, grease, ball bearings, esc, torque tuned motor, gpm alloy steering, alloy motor mount... Guess i will have some leftovers 🀣😁🀣😁🀣😁
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.