Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73557

Another decent delivery yesterday: Super Clod Buster Gray Edition, Sand Scorcher, couple more Juniors, aluminum wheels for The Hornet, several motors to take the place of the stock kit motors when they get built and one slightly special to me motor! Keep scrolling down for more mini fun! 

My basket case motor from my teens on the left, and extremely well preserved motor on the right:

My cabinet shelf area is filling up fast, so I'll be looking at some glass shelves I've seen mentioned here and there, from IKEA.

The tiny boxes showed up in the mail as well, so I started combining the 1/100 mini "kits" with assembled boxes - LOVE it!

And here's a shot of 1/10, 1/32 and 1/100 all together:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: Added a mini pic and elaborated on motor

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73559

I love that.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73563

Today the mailman brought me Aluminum goodness for a Sand Scorcher, vintage waffle tires for a Hornet, SS Screws for a Blackfoot, and some HD steering for Blackfoot, Wild One and Hornet. Oh, and another sweet motor! Not shown is another mini 4WD, the Tamiya Falcon Junior.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: Forgot Junior!

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73567

Hey make a thread of your treasures builds. That will be very interesting.  Same the jr build
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73575

Hey make a thread of your treasures builds. That will be very interesting.  Same the jr build

OK, that's a good idea!

Meanwhile, I received some more deliveries today. The Fire Dragon Junior joins the Mini 4WD lineup, and the Hotshot is added to the 1/10 re-re kits. Other things include hobby support items and some more Fast Eddy Bearing kits. Speaking of re-re kits, I'm sure it's noticed that all my recent kit purchased kits are not vintage, but I plan to mod most of them slightly and run bash bodies on some of them rather than just sit on the shelf. However, I do have a vintage model in the works, so stay tuned for that delivery!

With the number of Mini 4WDs I have planned, I think this whole shelf will just be Minis eventually:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73585

Some goodies delivered on Sunday! What retro collection is complete without The Frog?!? Also, I needed a decent radio to control 10 models - finally off backorder (but the stand-alone receivers are still on backorder from Tower where I've been ordering from). I'm now thinking I may need another 10 model radio so I can have one for buggies and one for trucks - since I recently went over the line to 11 models when a couple come off pre-order and back order status. I guess the other benefit is so a buddy could grab the other remote and choose a model to run along with me?

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73594

Yesterday the mailman brought some more goodies First off are some basher bodies for Blackfoot and Clod Buster and a couple more Mini 4WDs:

And next is a new Lunch Box kit along with a Vintage(?) Boomerang! The seller described it as a CRAZY shelf queen showing no signs of use - He wasn't lying! This thing is either a true time capsule or a re-re that someone disguised as vintage with the use of old radio equipment and speed control/resistor. Either way I think it was well purchased, and look at the motor that's installed! Also, the tires seem vintage with white lettering that doesn't look hand painted - Did they used to come that way? I have a new Boomerang body on the way so I can do it up box art with some MCI decals.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Scanox

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: elaborated

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73595

Blue parts are rere ones for me on the boom. Original ones are not so dark. But it's maybe a nice restored one with supershot rims. Gold decals aren't original ones.  I used rere blue parts and vintage parts from gentle members to restore my boom. 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73596

The technigold is the pearl on it.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73597

Blue parts are rere ones for me on the boom. Original ones are not so dark. But it's maybe a nice restored one with supershot rims. Gold decals aren't original ones.  I used rere blue parts and vintage parts from gentle members to restore my boom. 

I was afraid this may be some type of hybrid, but again for what I paid I can't even get a NIB re-re kit - plus there's the included Technigold - so now I have my favorite motor I can run and one for display. I'm not sure if there's accommodations to mount the old style resistor on the re-re chassis, so I may never know what all is vintage. Someone certainly went to a lot of trouble and loved this thing while they had it. I know the color and decals are off, but I assumed that's the theme they were going for and probably had to get MCI decals.

The gold wheels I figured I could swap out with my Hotshot kit, so the Hotshot can wear the gold wheels like on the vintage box art.
IG_tamiyaddiction

Last edit: by GToddC5.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.