Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73598

It is really nice todd. With period msc and radio set. 
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73599

It is really nice todd. With period msc and radio set. 

Thanks, I wish I knew some other differences to look for.

Edit: I found a useful thread from here: tamiyabase.com/...re?start=0

I will investigate!
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: found a useful link

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73600

Well, the Receivers are off back-order with Tower! And, I couldn't help myself but to search for more vintage Goodyear Foams. Also, a couple more Mini 4WDs:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73601

🤪 you're crazy Todd.  I love that.
my favorite is the wild willy. Congrats.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73602

🤪 you're crazy Todd.  I love that.
my favorite is the wild willy. Congrats.

I feel crazy and am starting to question my sanity! This recent madness started on 12/21 during a long weekend off work during the Holidays. I ordered a Blackfoot, and then . . . somehow over the last few weeks I managed to purchase another 9 kits and then just added The Boomerang  . Then for some reason I took interest to the Minis and I think I'm at #26 of those (still waiting for some to arrive). I also decided I needed some iconic (to me) Tamiya motors for a small collection/display - Still waiting for one to arrive before I post a pic of the pretty maids all in a row. It's like suddenly I wanted to have every Tamiya thing I couldn't afford as a teen in the 80's, lol. I'm still dealing with a pretty traumatic experience from 3 years ago, so I'm sure a shrink would say I'm overcompensating while trying to find some happiness. What's everyone else's excuse they use?!?
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73603

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I think it starts with buying the first kit you had as a teenager, then it moves onto the ones you couldn’t afford when you were a teenager and then it just spirals out of control from that point.
Good luck to you.
Don’t go for vintage models, that way lies madness!!

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73604

Maybe a compensation but. Each one does what he wants and it's so exciting to wait a kit and to see this passion on other guys. You will have work to share with us  every build. And I really want to see the wild willy jr build. My wife offered me this christmas the lunchy jr . A real love. 
THanks to you to share with us your buys. I'm too happy to see that.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73605

I think it starts with buying the first kit you had as a teenager, then it moves onto the ones you couldn’t afford when you were a teenager and then it just spirals out of control from that point.
Good luck to you.
Don’t go for vintage models, that way lies madness!!

I was on a steady course of affordable re-re kits, but then I couldn't find a deal I liked on a Boomerang - until I found the (for now) mystery model I bought. It's got the right axles BTW, I just need to see what is printed on the chassis tub. It also has a lazy/weak wing mount - not sure if that was stiffened for the re-re like I read the Hotshot was. I'm also on the fence with the Novafox versus Vintage debate. Again, the prices for the Novafox are a bit high, but I think I read yesterday on another forum that there may be another release of both the Novafox and Boomerang later this year - so I'm gonna try to pump the brakes and be patient. I certainly have enough unbuilt kits on my plate right now. I've always loved The Fox though, so it's inevitable that I'll end up with one in some form or another.
IG_tamiyaddiction

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73606

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Posted today or yesterday, perfect timing they are releasing the Boomerang and the Fox.
Perfect.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 months ago #73612

I feel crazy and am starting to question my sanity! This recent madness started on 12/21 during a long weekend off work during the Holidays. I ordered a Blackfoot, and then . . . somehow over the last few weeks I managed to purchase another 9 kits and then just added The Boomerang  . Then for some reason I took interest to the Minis and I think I'm at #26 of those (still waiting for some to arrive). I also decided I needed some iconic (to me) Tamiya motors for a small collection/display - Still waiting for one to arrive before I post a pic of the pretty maids all in a row. It's like suddenly I wanted to have every Tamiya thing I couldn't afford as a teen in the 80's, lol. I'm still dealing with a pretty traumatic experience from 3 years ago, so I'm sure a shrink would say I'm overcompensating while trying to find some happiness. What's everyone else's excuse they use?!?

If you're still taking care of business in all other respects then it's hard to say you've got a problem.  

Collecting RC/model vehicles may be "sad" to some but is socially acceptable in a way that let's say, I don't know, let's say ... ears? is not.

It's also way cheaper than 1:1 cars, bikes, planes, tanks etc, and unlike drinking or, say, skydiving it leaves with assets that can realised after you've had your fun.

The short, superficial version of my motivation for the hobby is "liking tractors" and a small distraction from chronic pain :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.