Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74032

TTG or ta02 s? I've got the ttg and it is awesome..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74037

Two more San-S models showed up today, still in their wrappers:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74102

Some may remember the second Super Hornet I rescued recently; well I saw another listing from the same seller for a nice looking Vintage Grasshopper. I wasn't planning on adding one to my collection, but the green called out to me and it happens to match the little San-S I picked up recently, lol. Well they are super nice people and through email we agreed on a great combo deal to add in a Falcon basket case. I'm not sure what I got myself into as it's quite crunched up in the front end, but I'll surely be putting my new sonic cleaner to the test and the rest can be sorted out! So here's what the mailman brought me before noon today (there's more on the way today  )

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74103

Good luck for the falcon. I needed 3 to restore mine ... 
I remember that my dad painted our first grasshopper in the same green. Congrats..
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74107

Look at my Falcon thread, it was a glue mess lol.
If you can't locate orginal parts, many of them is available as 3d printed one, either as TL file or can be bought from Shapeways etc.
Ampro Engineering even has some strengthner parts parts for the Falcon.

That Grasshoper matches the San-S one perfectly!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74108

For the Grasshopper, there's two directions I can go - Fix the MSC wiring and install a 380 motor w/ an old B7 motor adapter and call it a day. BUT then there's always the option of installing a period correct rear shock upgrade and using the 540 motor that it came with, or another option 540 motor. I'm tempted to keep it as simple as they came, and throw in the 380 motor I just happen to have, but I'm a sucker for upgrades.For the Falcon, I'm going to reverse my way through the manual and see what's missing and what needs to be replaced or salvaged through cleaning, gluing, sanding, polishing, etc. It should make for a nice "Rising of The Falcon" rebuild thread. Thanks for the advice and shared experiences so far, as I knew I was getting myself in trouble the second I agreed to save it, lol. I actually turned down their offer to add in a Monster Beetle, mostly because it was just so far gone, but also because I had just ordered the re-re kit.And to stay on topic, here is the rest of what the mailman delivered for the day. The Supershot shows obvious signs of it's age, but also signs of parts replaced as needed. It's got everything it should, including the Technipower motor, which I'm pretty thrilled about. The rear gearbox is a bit crunchy, but I'll get it sorted when it finds it's time on the cutting mat.  

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, mirrorman

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: Messed up pics

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74193

Many bearings for this years builds.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, Lemsko, mirrorman, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74194

Hello my friends,

It's been a while since I posted anything here, but that doesn't mean I didn't have an eye on the forum.
Since it's been a while, I don't know if I've contributed with the latest arrivals....

A few nice Bodysets:

Thank you

Manotas

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74196

Nice bodies manu
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 1 month ago #74197

The trend of 2023 goes for a 2nd cockpit.
I plan to demount the bumpers for racing. Then i thought Phil calmly driving and Mary posing as co driver wont fit anymore, so a 2nd cockpit was printed with a proper driver, who can takeover when needed.

P.S.:Sorry wrong thread
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, mirrorman, GToddC5

Last edit: by Lemsko.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.