Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74689

Wow, it's been about 3 weeks since I shared I think, so I've got some catching up shares to do! I'll split them up a bit.

First up, lets look at some stock motors. This lot of 30+ motors only cost me 30 bucks plus shipping.
After looking them over, I'd guess 1/3rd of them are junk, but I expected that and am happy if I can yield 20 decent motors.
I was mostly after the white and black endbell motors, and there's plenty of them.
There's a mixture of Mabuchi, Johnson and made in Hong Kong and Japan, and also some odd balls with no markings on the pinion end.

Not sure what these are, they are bigger and one has a solid round shaft through both ends.
Maybe 750SH motors?

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74690

More motor pics. A couple of these are smaller, maybe 380 motors?
Then some random tiny motors at the end, no clue.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74691

A new old set of Falcon wheels/tires for my Keeper Falcon, and a coveted MSC cover!

Thought I'd get in on the mini Lunch Box trend, so here's a nice start:

I went after this Grasshopper II for the MRC radio gear, the vintage literature and what I thought might be Super Hornet rear wheels.
The wheels were a let down, and appear to be maybe dyed red? Hard to see in pics. Still worth what I paid, and I guess I have a vintage GH II to build up.
No clue what the strange body is, maybe a vintage Parma or something similar? Kinda looks like a lexan Grasshopper body.
Bonus - Trinity Horsepower motor!

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74693

Just a little 72,000 rpm 3.5T motor! No plans for it, going to add it to my collection row of awesome motors.

So I went from "I don't think I want any Grasshoppers in my collection, a Hornet is enough to represent the chassis family", to now having nearly two handfuls of GH / GHII models, lol.
Since these are so cheap, I picked up a Black Edition:

I also picked up a Wannabe Super G project from someone that didn't take it over the finish line - I got this!
Seems to be based off a vintage kit, too.

This little guy is to hold me over until the big guy gets here!

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74694

In all honesty the mailman didn't bring this I had to go pick it up but it was cheap and it was local. So for 80 bucks I got 90% of an Astute and almost 100% of a Nissan King Cab with the original tires a radio and a ton of spares. One or two broken pieces on the Nissan King Cab which I had in stock and I'll be hunting for the rest of the missing parts for the astute. No bodies. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74695

Last for now, is an impulse buy of a vintage Blackfoot. I just fell in love with the paint and MCI decals, and think it will look nice alongside my Blockhead models once they get built. I might even add some yellow Blockhead accent decals, we'll see. it has some nice vintage upgrades, including period correct CVAs, JG front bumper and Proline Masher tires. not sure about the wheels exactly. It has a motor I didn't have in my collection yet, as well. I think I'll pull it out and put my original Blackfoot motor from when I was a kid in there, as well as my original Futaba remote and receiver - Seems fitting. I recently picked up a couple NOS servos to match the system, and then I'll just figure out the correct MSC if I don't have one in my stash.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74699

Jim , todd there are pretty nice finds. 
Jim for your rims maybe traxxas sledge hammer ones?
Todd, the body is a parma lexan one for the gh. And probably a superG with the yellow cvas and super hornet rims. 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74700

Jim , todd there are pretty nice finds. 
Jim for your rims maybe traxxas sledge hammer ones?
Todd, the body is a parma lexan one for the gh. And probably a superG with the yellow cvas and super hornet rims. 

I guessed right on the body, nice! For the Super G, I think the PO collected all the parts to make a Super G, but the box does not have the pink decals so it's not "legit". I like it though and it will look great near my Super Hornet. I have also been thinking about how to get the body painted like the vintage Super G magazine ads. It would be way too complicated a paint job for me.

Oops, I realize now that you may have been talking about the other GHII with the more red than orange wheels. In person, the wheels are red and not orange (like the Super Hornet). I think they make have been a dyeable set back in the day, and he dyed them red. Definitely not florescent orange though. if it was a true Super G, I believe the front would also be yellow shocks, and the wheels would have either been yellow or green. The front wheels are stock GHII, and there's more wheels in the package sent that are stock GHII wheels. I think it's just a mixed bag of mods from BITD. Again, I really just wanted the radio the most.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74701

There were 3 colors of super g . I remind that my gh2 is a classic one but hopuped with yellow vintage cvas. And box art. Never run. On my hornet I puted maybe team crp ally shocks.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74702

Where did you find the 959 hotwheels ? I love it.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.