Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 3 weeks ago #75387

Got some abs sheets and abs glue in the mail yesterday.
Mainly to fix my Big Bear chassis, but handy for other stuff too!

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 3 weeks ago #75399

Scored this Clod Buster with Chevy markings from original owner! Only a little bit of inspection and work needed and should be perfect. I'm questioning the motors as original, though. Were these out in the late 80's? I thought these were the start of the re-re motors, but could be wrong.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 3 weeks ago #75401

Wahhoooo. Nice clod!  Motors are more modern seeing the stickers. But they are mabuchi ones. Unsure about the original motors because my dad replaced them very early and I have no remind. Mine has 2 magnum.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 3 weeks ago #75408

looking at My bowtie Clod and also Lars, I can confirm they had the White end bell Johnson 540 motors. Jonny Retro did a nice write up on motors and it seems that those Mabuchi came with the first re-re , The Hornet 🤔

tamiyabase.com/...variations

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 3 weeks ago #75409

I had a doubt but Andy confirmed that the clod had 2 johnson motors.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 2 weeks ago #75422

looking at My bowtie Clod and also Lars, I can confirm they had the White end bell Johnson 540 motors. Jonny Retro did a nice write up on motors and it seems that those Mabuchi came with the first re-re , The Hornet 🤔

tamiyabase.com/...variations

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I'll have to see if I have enough white end bells to give up two to this clod, or it even looks like this type was used as well:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 2 weeks ago #75423

Maybe early versions had the white endbells. All I know, is that between the lunchy and the clod, I remind that we had several white endbell motor in stock . And in 87 88 we only had the lunch the clod and the avante.
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 2 weeks ago #75424

Maybe early versions had the white endbells. All I know, is that between the lunchy and the clod, I remind that we had several white endbell motor in stock . And in 87 88 we only had the lunch the clod and the avante.

I would prefer to use the white endbells, but I have to make sure I have enough of those motors to go around for my 1986 models that need them first (Falcon, Blackfoot and Monster Beetle). I still have that large lot of stock motors to clean up, so this will be a good excuse to inventory, pick through, test and clean them.
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 2 weeks ago #75425

On Maruis, they were all Mabuchi silver cans with black plastic endbells... Except the 480RS (Big Bear V1 - black can and balck plastic end bell), 540-SH (black can and black end bell - first series of Big Bear V2, the following had the silver can with black plastic end bell), and 360RS (550 Type, black opened endbell, on the Galaxy only).

And I prefer black end bells they are nicer than in white (and I don't even speak about the metal silver end bells as we can see on today's motors)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 10 months 2 weeks ago #75433

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I’m super happy with today’s postal delivery.
A set of rear F1 tyres in absolutely perfect condition.

And probably as good if not better is this set of stunning Blazing Blazer wheels and inserts.

Which will look awesome on these.

The F1 wheels came in their original box, which although completely knackered is still nice to have.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, EddyCH, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.