Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11150

Had two RC related things in the post today ...

I think I got caught up in "rarity" fever here - Willy's Wheeler wheels & tyres come up for sale very rarely ... but I've got no use for these & they're not in the best condition:

Jumbo syringe for emptying my ultrasonic cleaner faster:

:)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11151

Nice syringe, what kind of cleaner do U have, still unsure what brand or size to buy.

Started a small DF01 decal collection, here are two more and others are on its way, except for one :dry: guess which?

these are easier to find than the actual car

golden oldie

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11152

... what kind of cleaner do U have, still unsure what brand or size to buy.

It's a James "Ultra 7000" ... it's a little small, but the price goes up dramatically for larger capacity units.
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11153

Is that U7000 big enough to clean the gearboxes of a TA/DF chassis or parts of my Willy (gearbox with shaft attached.)
And what are you experiences, I had seen the JPL ULTRA 8050D-H which is a little bigger (would like to use it for bycicle parts too)
thx

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11154

Is that U7000 big enough to clean the gearboxes of a TA/DF chassis or parts of my Willy (gearbox with shaft attached.)
And what are you experiences, I had seen the JPL ULTRA 8050D-H which is a little bigger (would like to use it for bycicle parts too)
thx

It's in use ATM, but once I've finished & cleaned it out I'll make some meassurements :)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11157

thx

It's in use ATM, but once I've finished & cleaned it out I'll make some meassurements :)

Overall I think it's a useful tool & it does do a good job of fetching dirt & grease off, but don't expect miracles - it does nothing to aluminium pinion residue for example.

I think the main benefit is that you can leave things buzzing away while you do something else, whereas if you scrub things in the sink, you have to focus on that. There's much less chance of small bits being lost too.

Timer can be set to 90, 180, 280, 380 or 480 seconds, I tend to run things for 480 seconds (8 minutes), then give them a stir or turn them over & repeat.

Temperature of the fluid does increase with use; I don't think it's got ant sort of heater - from using more industrial units I think it's just that putting energy into a fluid will heat it up - and ultrasonic vibrations are a form of energy of course. There's only a small thermal mass & the metal bowl is insulated, so there's no easy way for heat to escape.

I just mention that as I wouldn't use any solvent in it as most have a pretty low flash point - I just use water with either washing up detergent, or a seaweed based cleaner added to it.

Capacity is apparently 750ml, but I can't see where that came from - 500ml of water brings the level up to the maximum mark, dimensions I've put in the pic below. The depth might seem quite restrictive, but there's a bit more clearance on the lid - and you don't have to close it.

eidt - I should add that the sides do taper in a bit.

Also included were a plastic basket, and a doodad for watches, so you can clean the strap without immersing the watch itself.

Pouring the water out is awkard as there's no sort of lip or spout - hence the big syringe I bought.

:)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 8 months ago #11216

Finaly some goodies arrived today my order at TBG and Jason RC.
Thats why I was stocking up on decals.
Next inline to get orderd at TBG, Dirt Trasher and Terra Conqueror :)

Last edit: by waterbok.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 7 months ago #11398

Took a bit of a gamble (electronics isn't my greatest expertise) but it works with my Conrad transmitter! :cheer:

It's obviously not new but it's nice and tiny. And the brand should be very reliable. :)
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 7 months ago #11411

got most of my DF01 decal collection together, the TF evo will have to wait till the re release :whistle:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 11 years 7 months ago #11418

Nice!! You buy everything in pairs?? :silly:
Cool no repro's but all original :)

Cheers, Bram

@Edou , i also think robbe/futaba is the most reliable brand for transmitter/receivers, i use them in everything from boats to cars, especially like their Fassst range of transmitters :)
oh and btw thnxs for fast and good shipping of the motormount!!!
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Last edit: by BramMeijer.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.