Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45282

:) Nice interior Andy. But you have a lot of work on the body. And for the gearbox, it's maybe only a tuning matter?

;) I plan on covering the seat like in one of Manotas restoration :) Nah the body isn't to bad :sick: Especially when you have a blasting cabinet :laugh: It's the diff's/axle's not the gearbox, That looks to be working nicely :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45283

Looks suspiciously like Ford Purple Velvet Metallic ... I was going to say it looks ok when done properly (black undercoat, clearcoat & rub out) - but I think I've gone off it myself :S

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45286

Not a Tamiya but it was the first RC i owned as a kid ! Suprisingly it's a HiLux....strange isn't it? :whistle: :whistle:

As i saw it, i just counldn't resist.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I will need to clean this up and see the dammages

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45288

It is still nice :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45318

OH GOD!
I Remember this badword......

The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas, stingray-63, AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45326

Hey Andyaus,
Looking good, nice find! I need to keep my eyes open for a Brusier / Mountineer chassis myself. I have a bunch of good body parts but no chassis. :(
Also I am still looking forward to trying this media blast trick for removing paint next chance I get, looks to work just great!
And I was wondering what is up with the axles/diffs ?? what is wrong? I don't have a Brusier ( yet) but I know from working on Hilux's and Blazers that they have no diff, just a ring a pinion and also no bearings in the stock setup just 1150 bushings, but that is fairly easy to fix. Also I don't believe the Brusiers have the locking front hubs ( somebody correct me here??) and that's is too bad because I always thought that was one of the coolest featuers of the Hilux / Blazer chassis.
Can't wait to see how this turns out!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45329

Nice stuffs today. :)
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45337

Hey Andyaus,
Looking good, nice find! I need to keep my eyes open for a Brusier / Mountineer chassis myself. I have a bunch of good body parts but no chassis. :(
Also I am still looking forward to trying this media blast trick for removing paint next chance I get, looks to work just great!
And I was wondering what is up with the axles/diffs ?? what is wrong? I don't have a Brusier ( yet) but I know from working on Hilux's and Blazers that they have no diff, just a ring a pinion and also no bearings in the stock setup just 1150 bushings, but that is fairly easy to fix. Also I don't believe the Brusiers have the locking front hubs ( somebody correct me here??) and that's is too bad because I always thought that was one of the coolest featuers of the Hilux / Blazer chassis.

Thanks buddy, Yes sometimes it really is just a matter of luck when you score a deal like this ;) Patience & time :P I like the media blasting method, depending on the paint it can be quick or take time but in the end the plastic isn't damaged and is nicely keyed ready for new paint :) Yeah not sure with the axles, Until I strip them down it will be a mystery :O Keep an eye on my 3speed topic for more progress ;)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45338

Hey Andyaus,

LOOK THIS...
www.milanuncios...923086.htm

www.milanuncios...245391.htm

THIS CAR IS OF MY GOOD FRIEND,
THE WORK OF PAINTING AND STICKERS IS MADE BY ME
IT DOES NOT HAVE ELECTRONICS.
I CAN TRY TO NEGOTIATE THE PRICE

Last edit: by Tamiya Madrid.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45348

This little beastie arrived today :whistle: :laugh: The chassis is near new, I think the A5 part die on the first or 2nd run :blush: I have ordered the hop-up brace to get her running again :) The body is in good condition but they didn;t mask the windows :ohmy: I'll remove the paint and paint them black, Also I will back the thin blue with silver for a bit of depth B) Lastly I've never liked the same size front & rear wheel setup so I have a set of Top Force wheels for her :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Tamiya Madrid

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.