TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #45955

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #45961

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Since the postman was on vacation, today I had a double delivery. Tamiya Alfa Romeo 156 Racing (58245) FF02 chassis needs a lot of work. It's not really a car that has a lot of interest for me but the price was very good.

Last edit: by VCR.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #45962

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
It looks like this is original Skoda Octavia WRC original version sold by Skoda Dealers. I think the chassis is a TL-01 but I can not get much more information about the car. Does anyone know if this model has value for a collector? Because if it has no collection value it will be heavily used and abused

Last edit: by VCR.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #45964

There is no picture VCR. :(
The following user(s) Liked this: VCR

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #45973

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Sorted out. Thanks

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #45975

The FF02 has a lot of runs. But looks good. And the skoda looks fine. :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46008

My TA01 arrived today. It looks good and it has its blue shocks
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46063

Hey Andyaus,
Looking good, nice find! I need to keep my eyes open for a Brusier / Mountineer chassis myself. I have a bunch of good body parts but no chassis. :(
Also I am still looking forward to trying this media blast trick for removing paint next chance I get, looks to work just great!
And I was wondering what is up with the axles/diffs ?? what is wrong? I don't have a Brusier ( yet) but I know from working on Hilux's and Blazers that they have no diff, just a ring a pinion and also no bearings in the stock setup just 1150 bushings, but that is fairly easy to fix. Also I don't believe the Brusiers have the locking front hubs ( somebody correct me here??) and that's is too bad because I always thought that was one of the coolest featuers of the Hilux / Blazer chassis.
Can't wait to see how this turns out!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46068

Well now,
Andyaus I am not sure how to feel right now, I am flattered that you posted this for me even though I made a pledge somewhere on this forum recently...hand on heart...no more R/C cars this year :(
.. ....... But.... but.... well it's not really a complete car....and ......I already have the body parts waiting for a chassis someday....and.....it's a fair dinkum price for it and I am not going to see that again I bet....... So......So........stop looking my friend, it should be here in a few days!!! :laugh: :laugh: Thanks

But I do still admit I am a bit down on myself for pulling the trigger on it after I promised myself to stop for a bit and work on what I have. :(
I can rationalize it though,
I have looked for a good Brusier off and on for years, but never had one, I even considered the new re-re, but the Canadian importer is very greedy, most of the time I can import kits direct from asia and even with shipping it is still cheaper than most of the local shops I deal with. So awhile back I started gathering parts for a custom build, a Tamiya body with a aftermarket chassis setup but I think with this deal and what I have in to body parts so far I am still cheaper then the re-re at the LHS so I can live with that math. ;)
The chassis looks quite clean and complete except for the rear locating bars so I might be looking for some of those, it even has a nice period correct radio setup :) , can't tell from the pictures if the wheels are clean but I guess I will find out soon. I am looking forward to dropping my body parts on it, Anybody want to guess on weather I can just add a battery and radio crystal and drive it around right out of the box??

Oh boy :woohoo:

I think I am becoming OK with this now........ There will be pictures.....
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46071

Congratulations Willy. :y: I am glad you finally found your bruiser. You should order a bearings set for the gearbox and the truck. A nice cleaning and LET'S GOOOOOOOOO.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.