Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46274

Nice project, here, Flo!

About the Mountaineer chassis colour: All vintage three speeds had metal coloured chassis.
Only the recent reissues had black chassis rails.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46299

Hi all :) Big day....
The Bruiser chassis has arrived!!

So let’s pull it out….seems to be as advertised although it looks a bit shorter…hmmm :unsure: . The seller also threw in some extra bits he had around and yes the motor works too. BTW did the Mountaineer have a black chassis??? Manotas??

First of all really nice find for the Bruiser! I've seen some that were in worse conditions. As far as i know all the original 3 speed Bruisers and Mountaineers do not have a black chassis. The only ones that have a black chassis are the re-re ones.

The worst part is the wheels and tires :cry: , not that they are worn down just the rims are a bit chewed up all around and I don’t know why somebody decided to only glue 2 of the tires but they did and then it looks like someone tried to pry the rim loose and broke it…that’s some good glue.. … too bad…:cry:

Luckily you still can order re-re ones. The chrome of the re-re Bruiser looks similar to the old ones, but it's a bit "darker" than the original ones.

I do need some help though; the biggest thing missing is the radius arms for the rear axle, they are just missing... screws and all. I was hoping the seller had them but he didn’t so I am looking for a pair. Anybody??? Help?? The part number is 19804599 ( re-re) I am sure I had a pair but I might have traded them off long ago… :whistle:

Sorry mate, i can't help you with this one:dry:

:angry: I also wanted to mention that it really grinds me when a seller doesn’t pack items taking into consideration the weight of the thing etc. It’s not the first time and I always find more damage is done by the item knocking about in the box than by anything penetrating the box, please do a better job people!!! More packing material!!!! Give a dam!!!! :angry:

I know what you're talking about !

Anyway, if you need something you know where to find me, i'd be glad to help

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly

Last edit: by Manotas.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46305

Hey,
Thanks for all the advice and that's a shame about the nice box with the whole in it :( I have a Sand Rover box that is perfect except for the big rips in it from where it got crushed due to a lack of padding inside..it looks OK from a distance but as you get closer it has a bit of a broken glass sort of look.... :(
As for the black parts I guess the seller must have broken up a re-re kit or something then, can't imagine having extra cross members left over....hmmmm. I am just glad he did not part out this chassis, I hate buying them that way, it can take longer and costs way more ( that's why they do it ;) ) I bought a lot of my Blazer that way.... but at the time............B)
I went ahead and ordered the new wheels, the 3 piece ones, while I still can and they were only $12.50 US a pair shipped so not too bad I think. I also found the tire set ( 4 ) for $29 US plus a bit for shipping, again not to bad and same seller also had the 2 rubber parts bags for cheap so I got those too, same shipping with the tires.
So for now I will continue to look it over, check my bearing supply drawer and wait...........
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46309

We aren't the majority to keep the box.
Only addicts are interested by boxes.
I made a hole on my mini kyosho to stock the chassis inside. But I was young. Shame on me.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46312

Only addicts are interested by boxes.

Hey, That's not true....I can stop anytime I want too....... no really....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I made a quick picture, its really not that bad is it??

I admit there are a few more boxes too, a couple of AYKs and some M chassis cars that I just did not want to dig out. This is what I am trying to build more shelves for... :)
Don't think I am too crazy here, I have been at this off and on for about 25 years some of those kits I have had a long time, the B2B was at an old hobby shop, somebody had removed the decals and no one wanted to buy it, over time it was just buried with the other dead stock this guy had back in the 90's.
The 312T kit was a flea market find, complete never built....I have had the 934 forever too it seems. As I posted somewhere awhile back, I was fortunate to be traveling the country side and able to seek this stuff out when no one else seemed interested, then in the early days of eBay there were better deals to be had as well..... But I need to have them out where I can see them more often or I really am just hording them and that's not right.
But still, I don't really think it is an addiction ;) Its not like am in alleyways at night doing unspeakable things....I gave that up years ago!! :laugh: :laugh:

All the best my friends...
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: VCR

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46326

:woohoo: beautifull. I love your collection.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46351

Thanks Stingray :) ,
I as mentioned before I am in the process of getting more out on display where I can see them and enjoy them. That is what my next shelf project is about, I would like to have some of the nice old kits and boxes up at the top of the room.

The main problem with keeping the boxes is the size! :ohmy:

:) I have a friend who does armor modeling and he keeps the box fronts only, Tamiya has very nice artwork there too. I don't think I could bring myself to cut up the vintage R/C boxes that way but with the newer re-re kits I don't have a problem with that so that could take less space as I am sure you folks spotted the couple of re-re's in that stack.
I do like the size of the M chassis kit boxes, they are excellent for storing the completed car in most times but if the car is on the shelf then what to do with the box? I am sure my M-02 chassis VW bug is not a collectors item is it? It is about 20 years old now? Can I toss the box? I would take opinions on that question because I don't really know now. To me it is just another M chassis kit, one of the early ones sure, but they are still making the M chassis series ( that's a long time for Tamiya! ) How about the M chassis mini? It's about the same age too, I just don't know. I am quickly running out of space...........can't keep them all, might need to have a sale or something.........

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46353

You could flat boxes or like me pray to win the lottery and buy a big room to hang all your RCs.....
That's a big mess here.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46355

[...
I made a quick picture, its really not that bad is it??

Ah, the ubiquitous Ikea "Detolf" case, fast becoming the "butt cheeks" of the collector - everyone's got at least two :whistle: Shame the dimensions aren't better suited to RC - not enough shelves, and only really wide enough for 1/12 or shortwheelbase 1/10 ...

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 6 months ago #46357

Well now.........
Stingray, I like your stacking style, very handy, easy to see what you have too ;) ;)
The recent gift of space I have been given is because the children are old enough to move out on their own for now :cheer: , so I have the small former bedroom in the basement and my wife has taken over the main floor former bedroom for her home office and weaving loom. :) :)

Jonny your comments are always spot on, They are just too good a deal to pass up on so I have a few "butt cheeks" in there now but you are right about the shelves, the only R/C that really fits is Wild Willy and some of the early 1/12 stuff. The Detolf cabinets are really not for the R/C's though, I am also a static model builder as well and that is primarily what they are good for, I have also figured out how to add more shelves too so when I need to I can grow a bit more. :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.