Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47396

MCIracing isn't more on ebay due to copying without licences....
They make veey nice decals. I only have 1 matter with dirr thrasher sheet. Side wing panels weren't in the good side. And the first egress was missing some stamps on the side but my second sheet was perfect. Probably some error on the marui tbird but nothing problematic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47446

Well it looks like ive got the Tamiya bug :)
Not a bad choice for the first of a collection i hope.
This is the first of three that have turned up in the last couple of days
Turns out it has more re-re parts than i thought :( Tho im still very happy with it :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, oldwilly, stingray-63

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47448

It looks so nice buddy. Same with rere parts. But after the pictures, only the body is rere and some decals same the 540 is the good one

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47469

MCIracing isn't more on ebay due to copying without licences....
They make veey nice decals. I only have 1 matter with dirr thrasher sheet. Side wing panels weren't in the good side. And the first egress was missing some stamps on the side but my second sheet was perfect. Probably some error on the marui tbird but nothing problematic.

Not sure why it would be a copyright issue, there seem to be several others on there selling Tamiya repro decals although I am sure he would have been the biggest seller? so maybe. I guess I could come right out and ask him, but what does it really matter, I am trying to do less business on eBay anyway, I know where to find them directly so no problem. And yes the quality of some of the sheets is getting better, I was just about to start into decaling my Samurai and comparing the sheet I got 6 months ago to the one I received last week you can see the differences in the fonts and he has added the missing logo bits and removed some of the generic sponsor logos. The sheet is a bit smaller but better!
I also decided to pull out the last sheet I received from our old TC friend in the UK who was the go to guy before the dark ages or no good repro ages. It is a Hilux 3 speed sheet and yes it still looks very good, comparing it to the original decals on my Hilux I would almost say they are registered better than the Tamiya ones. Comparing it to the MCI decals I would say he is right there for quality too. I don't have a Hilux sheet from him but I can compare it to the 934 sheet from my latest order and the Celica Gr.B sheet too. The biggest difference I see is when you hold it at an angle to the light you can see the Tammy ones and the older repros were screen printed and the MCI ones are being done on some sort of commercial printer.
I think we should be pretty happy we can get stuff of this quality for such a reasonable price. :)

If you are not familiar with selling on ebay the bottom of this listing kind of sums up what the seller gets charged for and this guy doesn't seem to happy about it....:laugh:
www.ebay.com/it...Sw2tFaTza5

If you want to see comparison pictures of some of the decal sheets just say the word and I do my best.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47500

Luncbox’s spoils and some parts for a D90 I’m busy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47528

Well thats another one for the collection :)
Body is a bit rough so will do another one with mcir decals for the shelf (keeping the original of course)
It was extremely well packed, took nearly an hour to get to the photo stage haha :cry:

Another non box art, metalic blue one for you Flo :) :) :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47533

Too nice! I am a fan of rhe ta01. I pm you my address :D
With blue shocks too. :p

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47534

Too nice! I am a fan of rhe ta01. I pm you my address :D
With blue shocks too. :p

The shocks will stay blue Flo, they are original :)
I will do a new body in box art colours after it has had a full strip down n rebuild, could be a while tho, the projects are pilling up !!!

Picture courtesy of the TB database :)
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47540

Yep it is the ta01 on road character. Blue shocks. How do you do to find all these beauties? This one is really pretty.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 3 months ago #47542

Yep it is the ta01 on road character. Blue shocks. How do you do to find all these beauties? This one is really pretty.

Ebay pal, so not particularly cheap, but so far I’ve been happy with what I’ve been paying :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.719 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.