Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47753

Finally i can say ive received this now i know it is genuine :)
(Please note the filter i use on my camera phone makes the blue look ridiculously blue)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47755

Very nice Alan

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47761

WOW it looks almost as new
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47762

Well it looks like you guys found some nice cars out there.... (love your Bommerang Goldfish)

I went to pick up this Bigwig last friday....it was listed on a local ad page for a real good price and couldn't resist as my collection was missing a Bigwig.

The box is in a more less good shape..besides the adhesive stripes on it. I don't think i will try to remove them, i'm afraid to destroy the box if i do so.

It seems that it hasn't used that much, the chassis has almost no scratches

The rims are also almost perfect with no signs of scratches or any major scuffs

Front Rim

Rear Rim

Period correct electronics, original MSC and Technigold motor

Including all the paperwork with 2 transmitters and some batterypacks

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47763

The only broken part i could already identify is the freont bumper...

The blue endurance motos is a small bonus i found in the box :y: :y:

Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47764

Awesome Manu.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47770

Nice looking Bigwig ... how on earth did they manage to snap the bumper like that though? Dip it in liquid nitrogen then run at full speed into a kerb? :blink:

Is the stick pack in the box 8.4v? Seems very odd to run with 7.2v humps ... can you even get the subchassis & body on with one? I get the impression the former owner was both cack handed and a bit "special" - what were they thinking with the fake radiators? If I were you I'd be going through the car with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no other peculiarities before attempting to run it...

:)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47783

WOW it looks almost as new

And thats what had me worried, maybe too good to be true? Hence my other thread ( tamiyabase.com/...e-re#47707 ) about trying to prove, as much as was possible that it was genuine, turns out i can prove a lot of it is vintage, and cannot prove that anything is not vintage, so all in all a happy outcome :)

Nice Bigwig pal :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47790

Nice looking Bigwig ... how on earth did they manage to snap the bumper like that though? Dip it in liquid nitrogen then run at full speed into a kerb? :blink:

Thanks Jonny,
I really don't know how the previous owner managed to breake the bumper like that !

Is the stick pack in the box 8.4v? Seems very odd to run with 7.2v humps ... can you even get the subchassis & body on with one?

Actually i haven't opened the packs yet...so i can't tell you the voltage, i'll have a look tonight. If the Bigwig was used with 7.2V it could be explain the lack of scratches on the rims... :P .
Yes the Subchassis and body fit sperfectly with the hump pack.

I get the impression the former owner was both cack handed and a bit "special" - what were they thinking with the fake radiators? If I were you I'd be going through the car with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no other peculiarities before attempting to run it... :)

That's not only an impression....the guy was very special. He lives in a small wooden house in the middle of nothing, i drove like 10 min's on a non asphalted road through the woods before arriving at his address and even restarted my GPS to ensure it hasn't bugged.
What you mean by the fake radiators?

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 2 months ago #47791

[quote="Manotas" post=47790...
What you mean by the fake radiators?[/quote]

My mistake, Tamiya refer to them as "fenders" ...

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.