Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65115

I only kept 1 lunch vintage and 1 midnight vintage to. And I have a pajero dakar rere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65120

The discount is good to know Caprinut. If the bearings I ordered are rubbish I will be replacing them from RcBearings and probably buying other bits too. 
I tested the US cleaner and it seems to get the dirt off pretty well or at the very least loosen it to where it comes off with ease. If I have any problems I will have a search on youtube. I am ok at soldering so should be able to do any repair. 
The screwdriver was pretty cheap £36 off amazon, and has 60 bits with it.  As I said I will make a 1/4 socket adapter and maybe a 1/4 or 6mm bit driver adapter so I can use any regular size bits I already have.  I've been too busy to get anything done today so hopefully I will get chance to have a bash at the LB tomorrow. I will let you know how well the screwdriver works on the build. 

Lee
Regards

Lee

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65123

One theing to note is that Tamiya cross headed fasteners are JIS (Japanese Industry Standard), as denoted by a dot on the screw head, they are NOT the standard Phillips point.

The difference in angles is subtle, but using the wrong bit will damage them (especially when machine driven) & will lead to problems getting them out again. Tamiya part #s are 74007 for the #1 "medium" driver for M2 screws, & 74006 for the #2 "large" (M3 & self tapping screws). They also make fancier versions, but those basic ones are actually pretty good.  

Can't help you with specific bits as I still don't own any :blush:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65125

Hey Jonny, I have it covered. I have 2 sets of JIS screwdrivers. I normally use them on my vintage motorbikes as they also use JIS heads.  I'm hoping the bits in the screwdriver have some JIS in there. If not I have some loose bits I will use in the converter I'm altering to fit the screwdriver. One way or another I will get it sorted.   I had my covid jab yesterday so I'm feeling a bit rough at the moment. Trying to push on through it and get myself off the sofa. :) 
Regards

Lee

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65129

Good news on the JIS bits, and the covid jab I guess :)

Which one, out of interest? I had the Pfizer jab 4 weeks ago (T1DM since September, so now considered "clinically extremely vulnerable" :whistle:) & TBH if I did have any symptoms at all it was only because I was really hyper aware I might have some, a slightly "hurty" arm was about the limit TBH), my sister also had the the Pfizer jab 6 weeks before that (front line health worker) & reported no issues, though she did see "brain fog" in one colleague.

My parents (70+) had the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab a week after her, both had "mild flu-like" symptoms, my didn't stop my mum doing anything, but my dad weas on the sofa for two days :D

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65130

The shame in France. Astrazeneca is stoped for some days... And parisian region, will maybe lockdowned in a few time...  
I am ill since mid february (not the covid) it is a chance vecause of some colleagues don't wear face masks. 
Keep safe buddies. ;)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65155

I had the astrazenica jab, I have a blood condition so they called me in.  Had it yesterday morning (tuesday) and was ok till the evening then I started getting the chills and hots everything started to ache. I'm rarely ill with cold or coughs etc..  This is making me feel rough enough to take some paracetamol and i rarely take any. Everyone knows man flu is worse then what women get. At the moment I feel reasonable, but very achy and tired and my arm is sore.
STingray I think there are 15 countries who are holding back on the AZ vaccine They need to get something sorted very soon so we all get to some sort of normality again. Even though I have had the jab I will still be as careful as always.

Regards

Lee

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65159

Norway is one of them holding back the AZ vaccine, at least one has died from it here.

I have not got my jab yet, not sure if I want the AZ one now or not.
Think I need to test my blood plate levels first (the ones that who have died had low blood plate levels.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 month ago #65179

My blood issue is with Blood platelet levels getting higher and higher. I cant control how many my body produces any more so it keeps on producing them . I have Chemotherapy pills every day to keep it under control, I think mine were at 350 at the start of this month.   There's only been several deaths and less than 40 blood clot problems in 15 million + doses so I wasn't too worried about this problem. It did cross my mind though. 
Regards

Lee

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 4 weeks ago #65232

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Servos !!!!
My favoured brand would be Futaba, but I like those early Acoms servos, particularly for some of my more vintage builds.
I got the ASA-227 to make a matching pair.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.