Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 4 weeks ago #65249

Yeahhh nice acoms Al.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 weeks ago #65472

Had a few small packages arrive this week,  My wife is getting sick of seeing packages  :) 

After getting my gearbox casing for the Lunchy I finally managed to get that put together and fitted to the chassis. Cleaned up the old MSC which was covered in fossilised balloon. Looks almost new again. 

So what arrived? 

Bearings, crystals, shocks, screws and a motor heatsink. 

Bearings are really nice quality, I got full metal case and rubber sealed. I thought metal case inside the gearbox and rubber seal where its exposed to the outside. Probably doesn't make any difference but that's my logic. 

The shocks were from Aliexpress so I didn't expect much. I ordered a set of 88mm in blue which cost $5.68 and a set of black 2 x 88mm and 2 x 98mm which were slightly more expensive at $6.68

The blue ones are quite nice, Aluminium top but the rest is plastic but can be oil filled. 

The black ones turned out to be all aluminium and can also be oil filled. They also have a screw adjuster at the top of the shock. I was impressed. 

M3 x 8 & M3 x 12 self tappers with cross head and the same size and thread but with cap head. Only a few £ a bag from ebay. 

Crystals were £3 a set off ebay and the heat sink was about the same price. Testing postage from banggood, Still waiting for a rear axle.

I have since ordered from Aliexpress some black M3 machine screws with cap and dome heads along with nylock nuts for some future projects. Worked out to just over $15 for 160 bolts and nuts. Waiting for those to arrive along with an alloy servo horn. 

Will carry on with the Lunchy build tomorrow. as I have 3 days off. I hope to get it all put back together apart from wheels and body. 

That's it for the moment. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 weeks ago #65473

Yeahhhh who is the seller of the screws Lee? 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 weeks ago #65483

seller
Livingdiyer

seller
jack-quark

Just pick the size

Machine screws from Aliexpress

seller 
wuhushiyu Store

www.aliexpress....4c4dAUEjlv

seller
JIANKUI Store

The machine screws and nuts have only just been ordered so will have to wait a few weeks. I will update once they come as to the quality. 

Lee

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 weeks ago #65486

Thx. I have the btr machine screws from my old work. But never found good self taping screws.  :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 weeks ago #65491

I haven't tried the screws yet. I will use them on the 2nd Lunchy build and if I can repair the crack in the original chassis I will have a 3rd to play with. I really like the unimog body but they are so expensive. Also saw a VW camper body also expensive but I thin k it would look good on the Lunchy chassis

Lee
Regards

Lee

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 weeks ago #65492

The vw is pretty nice. And the unimog very detailled with the accessories.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 week ago #65515

Stumbled across a great place for Car shells yesterday so spent a while looking through what they have, Although they don't have a unimog. BUT they have VW campers even a pickup version along with lots of old British cars and vans plus other unusual bodies. 

www.kamtec.co.uk

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 week ago #65520

This one arrived 

Thanks Andy

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Frogfish42, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 week ago #65522

Oooohhhhh the real 037😍
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.