Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 6 days ago #65832

use this battery to fit vintage tamiya
www.rccaraction...batteries/
it fits the porsche 959

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 5 days ago #65838

Used D-90 Landrover for 25euro with oil shock absorbers for the son of a good friend who regulary visits our garden

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 5 days ago #65839

Brilliant, congratulations.
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 5 days ago #65843

use this battery to fit vintage tamiya
www.rccaraction...batteries/
it fits the porsche 959

20C is on the low side.
You will get the same punch with a good Nimh battery.
I prefer 30-50C on my batteries. closer to 50C if I can afford it.
For bashing or driving like a maniac I recomend 70-100C to get the omphh...
4000mAh is the space limit for most vintage Tamiya vehicles, but some manufactures make bigger batteries than others when it comes to psychic size of the battery.
Only way to be sure is to look on the spec sheet and measure the space available in your vehicle.
3000mAh should fit nearly all vintage vehicles, but more mAh gives more run time.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 5 days ago #65846

You are right, and 40C to 50C is valid for 4000mAH batteries... If you get smaller capacity battery, the discharge rate is also lower even is 50C, as the C stands for capacity...

4A*50C= 200A constant discharge rate. For a basic 540 it is largely too much :-D, but that won't be true for some other motors. The Traxxas Slash 4WD VXL is indicated with a continuous 200A burst 320A. My Robitronic don't fit that, I have another battery for the Slash: 5200mAH, 100C.

And the robitronic won't fit for some of the tighter fits car. I got the Yuki model for this, and it is perfect for this. 4000mAH/45C. For sure I won't put a Velineon 3500 on those :-D.

That being said, a 13.5T brushless motor is around 50A, and it is the motor who defines what the ESC will get out of the battery at the end. Add few A for the Servos and RX and you have the max consumption of your car. And fit a battery that makes for the double of that on discharge rate to be on the safe side...

And 4000 mAH with a 540 Torque Tuned is around 35-40 minutes, with a basic 540, I believe it is closer to 50 minutes (NimH run times - on Lipos, I stop around Storage tension long before the cutoff). And if you use a TBLE-02S or most of the Tamiya ESC, you need a Lipo alarm, as the low voltage cut off of those is meant for LiFe, way below what is needed for Lipos...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 5 days ago #65849

My wife this night gift a nice surprise. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Rabbi_kun, jord001, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 days ago #65907

Some progress with the TR-15T project.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste, Lemsko, jord001, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 2 days ago #65908

Oohhhh man. Awesome. Especially the blue shocks. :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Rabbi_kun, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65941

My new project arrived today...

Rear camber but not a Tamiya one...

A Marui Hunter. My first buggy was a Marui Hunter. There was two stars on the box, it came from Japan, but it was from another brand than Tamiya. It has a weird front suspension, the rear chassis structure looked like a copycat of the Tamiya's holiday buggy, but it has something different. It was nice in my eyes.

When I saw this on leboncoin I did not took the time to look precisely the pictures and ask for how much delivery before confirming I'm taking it. The add was removed shortly after, and I did not even asked for more picture before taking my decision (I would not have it otherwise, I guess - because one looking at it would have been probably ready to pay more).

It's finally arrived, and I got the time to inspect the chassis. It is is in nice condition (no broken parts fro what is present). The differential is in within nice condition as well. And wheels/tires are perfect taking into consideration of their age (not even flat - it seems it was kept in right condition).

That being said, there is missing parts:
- Motor (mabuchi 540 RS) and motor support
- Iddle gear and iddle gear axle, and fixation
- gear enclosings
- radio box and pilot figure
- roll bar and body mount
- servo saver
- MSC (or ESC)

I believe the body shell is ok and I should have a way to clean it and repaint it, while there is reproductions for the stickers (even though, I may try to keep the orginal ones - not sure yet on how to do that).

Anycase, if you have some of the parts mentioned as missing present in your stuff without any use for it, you may contact me...

This will be another thread at some point...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65946

I have an original samouraï 540 motor but needs clean and wiring

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.