Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65949

I have an original samouraï 540 motor but needs clean and wiring

I take note, but until I can find a motor mount and iddle gear, it would be useless... (Plus, I believe a Mabuchi 540 RS is quite easy to source - probably the easier part to source)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65958

Marui ones had a black plastic end. 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65959

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I’ve picked up another vintage Countach/ 936 gear box.
Once I can clear all of the work related stuff out of my office and make some space I’d like to get on with some of my builds !!!
While I’m at it, I’d like to tidy up my garage so I can start painting some body shells !!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65960

Marui ones had a black plastic end. 

That is the kind of differences I did not paid attention to yet. The thing is I remind there was a Mabuchi 540 motor in. I'm almost sure the cables were red and black on the motor while usually on Tamiya, they are yellow and green. I remember perfectly the black and red colors as at least, it was obvious to plug :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65961

Yes red and black. The MSC on my super wheely was white and red. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 1 day ago #65964

The MSC was also a weak point on my Hunter... I dreamt about ESCs at that time, but they were really really really really really too expensive... I remember I was reparing the tracks with my soldering iron after every run at some point... Then I found another MSC, probably the one which was included in standard on Kyoshos which was more reliable and I adapted it. That is when the differential started to eat the iddle gear due to the oiless bearing starting to eat the chassis... I gave up, and then I was mainly using the Kyosho Chevy and the Phantom. But the asphalt was not good enough, and the Phantom did not worked that good on that, which is the reason I sold it.... That is the way the memory works... Each small thing reminds you something else and so on...

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 23 hours ago #65966

A friend gave me some years ago modified msc plates for the marui. But they are unfindable in my mess. 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 3 years 23 hours ago #65967

the ended samouraï and my coors.
tamiyabase.com/...rs-melling
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, the11th, silvertriple, jord001, mirrorman

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66099

These came yesterday and today, not much left to arrive now. 
 I thought i'd be clever and get some 18t pinions for the next Lunchy #3 and hornet builds plus now maybe also a grasshopper as it turns out one is a grasshopper chassis. Epic fail, I saw 18t but didnt look at the P which is 0.8 or 32p for Tamiya.  The ones I ordered were 48p so not of any use I don't think. Can they be used for anything?? Can anyone use them? 

Next to come was a servo arm which I ordered at the very start to test out Ali Express, Also had a pack of 20 black Nyloc wheel nuts, a pack of 20 silver Nyloc wheel nuts, some more 11x5x4 bearings and a very cheap esc

I also ordered some of the plastic primer that Jonny uses, gloss black to test my Alclad II chrome paint and some black bumper paint as its good for painting chassis parts and will flex a little. 

Lee

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66101

This esc is very efficient. I have one I used on the dt03 and puted it on my lunchy.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.