Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66227

Few other parts arrived today, still for the Hunter project...

Fog Lights, servo mount and servo saver (did not know before I would find a full cluster), and a broken and unbuilt MSC

Will need to understand how to make it look like a functional ESC again, but at least I have a good basis for working my "wireless" MSC to hide an ESC :-D

That being said, two servo saver is what I needed anyway to build two Hunters.

On a side note, I just ordered a Creality Ender 5 plus. I'm looking at 3D printers since quite a long time, but wanted one which would be able to Print large projects, being quite polyvalent in terms of filament (thinking about TPU and tires), and that I can enclose easily, as some of the projects I have in mind may require it... Maybe overkill for Hunter shock towers, but not necessarily for a full Hunter chassis...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66273

Today, I received a non functional servo from a friend...

My intention for this one is to remove the mecanism, hide a ESC inside, and put it under the MSC I received earlier this week... This will be perfect to fit a Marui Hunter and to fake it is running old fashioned way :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66280

I had unexpected work yesterday and today so haven't got to do anything. However the postie delivered a box. Not very heavy, so I guessed its my Falcon shell along with the mini. 

Here they are, along with a bag of sweets as a gift. They are nice. And the shells look good too..

Falcon shell is nice and seems a lot thicker than the original.

The Mini shell is a bit smaller but I have plans to build a chassis to fit but with more ground clearance than the Mardave models. 

I got them from Kamtec in the UK  I will definitely use them again plus they have some unusual body shells that you wouldn't normally see. Once the mini is done I plan on a Hillman Imp, my dad had both cars so he would like to see them too. Plus they are inexpensive. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66296

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

In the post today I got a nice bumper for my Porsche 936, I think that’s everything I need for the build. Pretty much everything for this is NOS so no restoration work. Which will make a nice change.

I’m even thinking of starting with the body work because the chassis won’t take long.
And I’m really bad at getting any body work done !!!

Talking of body work.
I also picked up a nice rear bumper for one of my many Cheetah builds.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, koenc, Lemsko, jord001, mirrorman

Last edit: by Al.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66297

Now you just have to build it. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66299

Got these bushing along with some plastic ones from Al yesterday.
Thanks very much sir!
So I have enough for mocking up projects I hope 
Gave them a overnight bath in WD40 to clean them up a little 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66300

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
My pleasure Richard.
They are definitely looking a lot better compared to when I packed them up.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66302

Thanks very much sir!

If you collect those shitty oilless bearings, I may propose to send you some :-). I also have white nylon ones directly coming from Tamiya kits. Although for those, they can be useful when painting wheels, while the oilless bearings are not usable for this...
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66314

Thanks very much sir!

If you collect those shitty oilless bearings, I may propose to send you some :-). I also have white nylon ones directly coming from Tamiya kits. Although for those, they can be useful when painting wheels, while the oilless bearings are not usable for this...

Not so much collecting, but I'm totally out of bearings and bushes before these arrived.
The plastic ones are great for spacers etc when building stuff, but the metal ones can be used as bearings if you service them reglarly.
I mostly use those for mock up purpose.
But, yes I gladly accept plastic and metal bushes if you want to get rid of some 

I plan on buying bearings for my kits, but funds are low atm and rcbearings are no longer shipping out of UK due covid.
There is a site in Norway that sell bearings, but it will cost about 2x the amount pr kit vs a ball bearing kit from rcbearings.
I may end up buying some cheap bearing kits from ebay, but it takes times to arrive.
Have waiting on a couple of small packages from ebay, and so far it has taken 3 weeks, usually they turn up around 4 weeks time...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66321

Did you received my parcel Richard ? 
for the bearings, I buy them to wish. They are very cheap ( sure not the rc bearing or tamiya quality. But they do the job)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.