Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68032

A few little bits....

Lots of extra bearings.....  Stay tuned for where all these are going.

My old cutters are well very old and shagged, and probably could be sharpened if I could actually find them.  My scalpel had also gone walk-about.  And figured I could do with a decent set of tweezers, as opposed to the old generic ones in the pic....  So treated myself to some new tools.  The aluminium tube is for some 1/24 scale exhausts.
Coincidently, after ordering I ended up finding my scalpel, typical.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Rabbi_kun, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68033

We never have enough tools 🤪👍
The following user(s) Liked this: Rabbi_kun, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68034

We never have enough tools 🤪👍

Absolutely.....

I've even doubled up on some tools now, like screwdrivers, sockets, etc, so i'm not constantly going between house and garage looking for them!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68035

Me to. :D
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68049

I've been looking at vintage buggy's and F1's to build or restore, and put on the shelf.  But the prices i'm seeing and also spare parts, I can't justify it.
So deciding that some modern kits I can use with the kids out ways a single vintage kit, I kind of went a bit crazy over the past couple weeks;
  • Comical Frog for my daughter
  • Rising Fighter for my son
  • Lunch Box for me
  • And there's also a Midnight Pumpkin Black Ed. enroute.
Will get a build thread going about the adventures of building with my two ratbags!

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68050

Seems I'm not alone to use my kids as an excuse for my own addiction 
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68051

I'm using my Grandson as my excuse  I even
brought him a 1.24  crawler as he said would crash something faster,  that's my excuse, he prefers the lunchbox so I guess I will have to build the crawler for myself. 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68054

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I've been looking at vintage buggy's and F1's to build or restore, and put on the shelf.  But the prices i'm seeing and also spare parts, I can't justify it.
So deciding that some modern kits I can use with the kids out ways a single vintage kit, I kind of went a bit crazy over the past couple weeks;
  • Comical Frog for my daughter
  • Rising Fighter for my son
  • Lunch Box for me
  • And there's also a Midnight Pumpkin Black Ed. enroute.
Will get a build thread going about the adventures of building with my two ratbags!

I felt that vintage prices where coming down from what I’ve been seeing.
I always feel if possible it’s best to try and get a complete NIB body set, easier said than done. I think it’s about patience and being glued to the various eBay / Facebook sites.
I get the impression the market is more limited for the early vintage stuff  so it’s not as competitive when stuff comes up, although some of it is stupidly over the top on price.

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68058

I have active search on some Marui cars on ebay and on a french site. Prices can be up and down for the same type of products without any single reason...
I  watched out few Samurai recently on ebay
- one in perfect state sold for 106 euros
- a set of two with most likely whatever needed for building one in perfect state did not go at 300 because of the seller having  a reserve price upper than this
- one in almost perfect state going up to 290 €
- some in even lower state going up to 400+€

There is no rationale in prices. It just corresponds to what people looking at this specific model are ready to put in when there is one on sale... Ultimately, at that price, I could have bought the first one. The guy was lucky, due to its state, I didn't even participate, as I thought it would go much upper than 500€...

And then if it is for a car to run, I really prefer re-re models when they exist: breaking it doesn't hurt in any way, and the plastic are likely in better state and would not break as easily than an original one... So for re-released model, I tend to let them to collectors...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 7 months ago #68065

Yeh much the same on Australian ebay.  I've been looking for a couple of 1970's Corgi cars.  One in reasonable good condition went for $25 (which i missed, as forgot it was nearly ending), and then have seen same model, but incomplete and banged up go for double that.

There's a beat up Willie's at the moment sitting at $60.  My guess it'll hit the 300's.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.