Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68524

I am for nothing 😂. Thanks to the designers and sqfab. 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68528

Well, not exactly the postman, as I did fetch those elements myself. That is not exactly what I had in mind when taking the car in the morning, as I was expecting to find a Wild One 58525 kit, but unfortunately, the last one was left, and the website of the shop was not up to date as they are migrating it. They have inventory in the shop, and the shop looks like the shop I where I was going when I was a teenager with shelves full of kits... I will have to go again there at some point this month for sure (had to fetch one order for my son). And the guy from the shop is passionate about vintage rc cars...

As there was no more Wild One in the shop but a few possibilities (there was 3 of 4 of my 2022's wishlist), and I was having wife allowance for a kit, I decided to swap with one of my 2022's choices. And took a Hotshot. I needed few additional element as the intention is not exactly to make it as Tamiya invented it. I went to add some tools to complete my current measuring tools... Ultimately, this is the incoming stuff of the day:

Don't expect a thread for this one right away: I do have the Turbo Optima to finish, a Galaxy RS to unbuilt and clean, make a gigantic Marui parts sorting, and probably to unbuilt the Nichimo Spirit FF before I start this project. My intention is to change my build habits to do things in a slightly more custom way, with a build for 3 months rather than one per month since the beginning of the year...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68530

Hey Silvertriple! It seems we are on the same wavelength as I have resolved to do the same, I have found much more joy in customizing/restoring (to some degree) than just going through builds at the tune of one per month myself. Oddly enough though, I do have a Rerelease Hotshot on the way as well as the new light blue Wild one and a VW bug for a Herbie the Love Bug tribute......
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by 1972 LeMansGT Jim.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68531

Well... I'm not sure yet fro the light blue Wild One... I have not yet decided about that. Should I include it as replacement of the Hotshot in my 2022 wish list (adding a black chassis, a red cage and some vintage repro decals) or swap it for something else : there is confusing information on the 58525 on internet. Some shops have it on pre-order, while here the shop owner was telling me the importer has said him it's not on the cards. At the end, I may go blockhead's one route, if I have no choice at all...
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68532

Yeahhh pretty nice hs Marc . 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68667

Today, it's a black sport tuned motor which arrived.

It cost me 15 euros, so less than a silver can (I was missing one motor for one of the Hunter). Now, considering this is totally overkill for the transmission of the Hunter/Galaxy, it may be finish on the shelve. That being said, the Galaxy (red one) was using a Marui 360 RS (550 motor) which should be quite equivalent... So eventually, it could be of use.
The question which will come is should I fake a Marui 360 RS sticker to put on it?

Maybe better not to do this, as a Tamiya hardcore fan may die if I do this  ...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68670

Buy a 550 paint it and put a sticker. The blacke sport tuned comes to be hard. Now they are silver.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68673

I may just keep it the way it is and put it in the Marui Hunter anyway... I will give it a bit of sport look... And the wires are exactly the good colors so people think it is a Marui motor under the bodyshell :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68674

Today I got 8 new 15kg metal geared servo's and 40 x 3mm Bore 5.8mm Shock, Damper, Track Rod End Balls. I also won a vintage DeVilbiss airbrush for less than £15 off eBay which is great, I have a few DeVilbiss but not this model. Alost got a lathe but it finally went for a lot more than I could afford. I will keep looking. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68681

Received parts for my son in law.  2 aqs and the complete transmission for his future wt01 mud blaster2
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.