Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68682

Somebody could explain me why it is faster to receive parts from UK than France to France ? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68683

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I can’t, but I must admit it’s pretty good.
Within the UK if you post 1st class it will get there the next day.

Mind you we are a lot smaller than France.

Okay now here comes a stampede of people to prove me wrong. I’m going to run for cover.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68684

I always add an extra week of "bof" time for anything coming from France ;) 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68685

Fench postal services are too poor now. Missing parcels, letters never dispatched or never saying that you have a parcel at the post office. And this service is more and more expensive. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68686

Flo, don't generalize on the French postal services : here in my area, they are the most efficient provider. If it comes from the area itself, I would get it even faster than Chronopost. if it come from France, I generally get the parcel within the defined service level agreement of 48 hours.
That being said, I really think there is a true issue in Ile de France, probably because they are undersized compared to what is incoming since the beginning of the COVID period...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68687

Here that begun largely before the covid. 2 big delivery sites 10 kms around. I don't generalise but same my friends in south of France have problems.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68688

There is areas where the final guy is the issue (don't know why, but apparently they tend to concentrate in some areas).
And there is areas which are overly charged. When you have 2 delivery sites in your 10 kms around that is likely because they did not find a site where they can put a bigger one, and that is where the issues starts : sometimes the parcel are not going to the right one, because it is two loaded, and then the parcel go back and forth between the sites until it finds available room to be delivered finally...
Here the site delivering the area is the biggest e-commerce concentration in the south east of France, and the postal sorting center is highly dimensioned and it works well. It generally don't work well in areas where there is lot of people, and not lot of room for big delivery site (I had some talks with my neighbour on this, and before his retirement, he was Human ressource head in the postal services, and he is quite aware of those elements: he could definitely tell where the issues are)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68700

Today I got 8 new 15kg metal geared servo's and 40 x 3mm Bore 5.8mm Shock, Damper, Track Rod End Balls. I also won a vintage DeVilbiss airbrush for less than £15 off eBay which is great, I have a few DeVilbiss but not this model. Alost got a lathe but it finally went for a lot more than I could afford. I will keep looking. 

What sort of lathe were you looking at?

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68710

A printed box of parts arrived today...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 5 months ago #68725

Jonny, nothing in particular but an all in one and bench top size though. I was watching an Axminster but also looked at Clarke, Proxon, Unimat and even those Chinese made ones. I do prefer old lathes as they bullet proof but usually they have the motor mounted separately with large strange bracketry or its own bench so they will be too big (i don't actually have the space but would make some)
Hoping to find one on ebay that no one has seen so will get it cheapish (very small budget) actually no budget for a lathe but I'd like one at some point :) 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.804 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.