Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70122

Why not changing for something more reliable such as Xt60 connectors?

I use Deans on all my runners.
Tamiya for my resto projects that might see small runs after they are finished,
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70123

I see... I tend to use XT60 everywhere (rational of the choice: much easier to handle and to solder wires)... Except for the kids which are still Tamiya connector based: that is to avoid the risk of the confusion between the charger and programs. They have their own charger, and I do have one dual charger able to do for all the battery types, but prefer them not to use it so the Tamiya connector is not available for this one unless I'm around...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70127

😂😂😂I'm an old kid
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70128

I see... I tend to use XT60 everywhere (rational of the choice: much easier to handle and to solder wires)... Except for the kids which are still Tamiya connector based: that is to avoid the risk of the confusion between the charger and programs. They have their own charger, and I do have one dual charger able to do for all the battery types, but prefer them not to use it so the Tamiya connector is not available for this one unless I'm around...

I developed a bit of a system for my connectors.  I use Tamiya (molex) connectors on all my old runners that are using NiMH batteries.  I use XT60 (or XT90) on all my newer models that use LiPo.  This keeps me from ever connecting a LiPo to something without a low voltage cutoff, and also helps prevent charging them incorrectly.  Anything with a silver can draws so little current that the connector doesn't matter much.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70129

Personally, I only use lipo, and when I do have a car with an ESC with no possibility of lipo voltage cutoff, I just make sure I have a lipo alarm set in the car for this. And you would find next to the power lead another balance lead for the lipo alarm (they are pretty cheap, and easy to place in most of the cars).
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70141

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I’ve picking up a few of the old Model Car magazines, I think this was a UK publication, I don’t know if they ever made it further a field. I’m slightly nuts / kicking myself for buying these because I had about 3 years worth and threw them out. So I had all of these first time round, early 80’s.

The Tamiya’s on the back cover show why these models captured my imagination, I really wanted the Sand Rover when it came out and was my first Tamiya.

Some interesting articles inside and it’s interesting to see the amount of aftermarket stuff. It’s also fascinating to see just how many companies were producing RC cars. It’s funny how it was only Tamiya that I wanted. I didn’t realise there were so many other manufacturers and none of them interested me. I know I certainly had no interest in nitro, they seemed like that was the world of adults ??

And finally my model shop of choice growing up, Windsor Models. I spent a lot of time and pocket money in there. Lovely guys running it and super helpful, I think it was two brothers.
Happy days.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by Al.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70142

This one just came in 

Couldn't resist having a CR-01 with a hard body 
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70146

Lovely goodies guys. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70151

What a shame Windsor Models isn't there any more, I could have popped in when I visit my Cousin 5 mile away
Regards

Lee

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 3 months ago #70154

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Tell me about it.
I think they moved a little way out out of Windsor and are possibly called Mantau models Dedworth Rd, but it seems to be mostly boats now.
I keep meaning to pay them a visit as I’m not too far away. I just don’t need a boat.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.