Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70731

Well, I did not' plan to save the body. The chassis is in surprisingly good state. And only driver and MSC are missing. Within the bag, there is all the parts going on it and the bumper is in the tub. There is some work on it for sure, it will require a new body, likely, but it's a good basis for a nice Marui warrior :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70734

Seems that Flo is impatient to know about N2 and N3 :-)
So this morning, I got a first delivery at home. In the two boxes there was :
1. In the first box there was a Marui Ninja coming from Germany . Driver and MSC missing, Body is bad state but chassis seems in good condition. The rear gearbox have an issue, but that doesn't bother me too much. I'll have to check that out. The tires are in a good condition. (I don't repost the picture, you already seen it).
2. In the second box there was a Marui Shogun coming from Romania : more work required to complete it, and some missing parts. Rear wheels and tires in good condition, and broken rims in front. But hey, it's the most rare of the Marui cars : a Shogun warrior. That should keep me busy for some time (after my other in progress projects). I'll probably open one single thread for the two cars are they are sharing a lot together.

Later on I had to fetch a box to one the relay nearby. It was coming from France.  On guy asked me for an estimation few weeks back, looking at the photos I gave him an honest estimation. He asked me if I was interested : I could not say I was not, but I told him : it's a pity, I like it, I would be ready to offer this price, but not before beginning of March. That was early February...
He told me he would wait for me to be ready, and later people confirmed my estimation on the thread the guy was asking what was the car... He asked me two weeks later if I was still interested, and I firmly tell yes I am. I bought it last Saturday. It arrived today...
And it's...

Another Marui warrior. My favorite. A Samurai

Some marks of use, but overall in good state, requiring a cleaning, and at least the tires are in good shape... one of the rim has lost its chrome paint, but it's still nice...  

And yes, the 3 Marui Warriors arrived within the same day... I may have thought about an Optima Mid, later on this year, but that idea is gone for the moment :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70736

This arrived from France today 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70737

Nice and also a good story
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70741

The sam is my favourite to. Since I restored the one for my friend.
fast delivery and in good state Richard. 😉
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, silvertriple

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70745

Glad it came undamaged...
Same could not be said about the box....
Was a bit sceptical when the postman handed over this to me, but glad to report there was no damage to the body whatsoever 

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70751

😤😤😤 no respect. Always like that here. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70752

You've got to pack stuff like it's going to be at the bottom of a cage, sack or aero transport container. That's not great handling, but the bigger problem is reuse of a box that was indifferent to start with, with no internal bracing for a fragile item :(
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70758

I usually duct tape the badword out of packages I send lol.
Have in the past received a lot of bad packages. The most cringe one was my free Fox and a transmitter. The was just placed in a box and sent. No wrappings on either items. Just a pair of pastic bags that did nothing.
Also tend to collect any type of cargo wrapping in one of my cabinets. That came handy when I moved last autumn.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by caprinut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 1 month ago #70759

The worst I sent was andy's karting. I thought it was enough but postal services killed it. Half my fault because I should send it in 2 parcels but very expensive. It is now destroyed and I am disgusted because he received a puzzle. And I past for an idiot (in good terms for the forum). 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.