Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71299

Finally my package from Rob showed up.
10 kit boxes and even a shipping box 

And "manuals" for the boxes + 6 posters
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71363

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

A nice set of tyres for the early rc cars, Porsche 934, 935, 936 and first Countach,.
I can’t say anymore than that.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71365

Nice find Al! 

They look as good in package as they do on a car! 

Have a good weekend as well and Happy Mothers day to anyone it applies to!! 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71370

So October this year there is going to be a Vintage RC event held at a prominent Melbourne RC Club, One of the categories will be the comical cars. I decided to run a Wild Willy II So my boy can run it the rest of the time :) Looking on Market Place I found one near me for a great price, As a bonus the seller gave me a push version which my Son is enjoying a lot :) 

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71377

One parcel which I was waiting for some time arrived today from Sweden... It took much longer than usual, and the tracking of the parcel still show it under transportation in France at Sweden side and under preparation at sender on French tracking side... I had some fear each time I opened the tracking. My wife did receive the package today and she did not told me, so I was surprised to find it when back form the office...

I'm quite sure Flo will be very happy for me :)

It was within a bigger box, but inside there was a nice box

And inside the box, an incomplete car (missing wheels and central shaft, and maybe other details). And there was a lot of goodies, which should allow me to complete 3 cars (at the exception of the wheels).

The plan was for this Coors to be a donor chassis for the Shogun. I'll probably missing wheels set and a rear gearbox for the Coors, but now that I have a box, we can say that I have an incomplete Coors to complete :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71385

Another day, another package Underguards for Samurais from OptimaHouse and Lineworks, the coloring book by Ryo Inagaki :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71386

Oooohhhh YESSS. I'm so happy. Complete it 😁😁😁
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71392

Another special RC arrived today, a Blizzard DX 😊 Its all complete and came with the Transmitter too 😄

Also I managed to find a Wild dagger for a nice price, I plan to fit a clod body to it as the wheelbase will work perfectly 😊

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71393

Few incoming today. Few RXs for some cars first...

Then a bodyshell and some accessories for my Kyosho Spider TF3... It will be a CLK GTR, and I'm not 100% sure yet if I get it painted my own way or not. Only thing that is sure is this car needs to get ready by first week-end of June for a vintage event in Belley...

Last, I got advised by a cool Australian guy that I have a package to fetch somewhere nearby... He told me : it's going to be amazing or a nightmare. I'll fetch that at the end of my day, check the content and report the long story if it is what I hope it is :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71394

Last, I got advised by a cool Australian guy that I have a package to fetch somewhere nearby... He told me : it's going to be amazing or a nightmare. I'll fetch that at the end of my day, check the content and report the long story if it is what I hope it is :-)

First it is A M A Z I N G !  :D  
I still have no words for what is happening right now. And I need to tell the long story, as it is part of what came as a result of the Nichimo Spirit FF project for me.

Few weeks back, an Australian guy mentioned he was searching rear arms for a Nichimo FF car in one comment of my posts on Facebook. I had the link as I had a set in my ebay watch list (for no reason as the intention was to get them printed anyway), so I gave him the link... Discussing with another friend I discovered this guy was behind a Youtube channel (TRUE VINTAGE RC, www.youtube.com.../Bormac073), and looking at few videos, I found them quite interesting and detailed, so I subscribed...

Few weeks later (it was about 3 or 4 weeks ago), my Nichimo Spirit FF was printed and built. And that week, that same guy, Jason, alias Bormac, posted he needed parts as he received an incomplete kit from Europe. Among the missing part, there was some which I could help with my own now unused parts as replaced by 3D printed ones, and the broken chassis I thought myself I could not do anything with it. Jason told me he would get the buyer to pay for the shipment, and I told ok, and on the next day, the parts were going to Australia (and if I can see a nice video on those cars, that will be a nice bonus already). 

2 weeks ago, I was in the car sitting doing nothing as one of my colleagues was driving while we went back from a 3 day trip for business... And Jason contacted me as he found a car in France on ebay, but the seller would not ship to Australia... He asked me if I can help again. I said why not. Jason knew from the discussions we had earlier that I would be interested to model that car as well, and he proposed me not only to get the car going to me, but to allow me to tear it down to parts, get it in CAD and then send the package to him... I was finding this a bit crazy, a lot of gamble (specially with a seller who got only to feedbacks on ebay), but that was Jason gamble... On the next days, I helped him a bit with the translation, gave him my full details so he can eventually get it send to me, but I was kind of thinking that story could turn in a nightmare as well...

This morning I got advised (I had the tracking link so I knew it was incoming) that I had to get the parcel from the destination point (a relay nearby). Jason told me "it's going to be amazing or a nightmare".

Here is what was in the package:

A Nichimo RC Midships 443 WDS. So it is definitely amazing :-) 
Some parts are common with the FF cars, and I'll start to model it soon  :D 

This is typically the kind of things that tells me that putting the stls on Thingiverse for the Spirit FF was a good thing. I have the authorization from this car owner to do a proper thread, and I'll start that as soon as I start to tear the car down to parts...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.