Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 11 months ago #71495

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Thanks guys, I’m not really into displaying boxes and stuff. So I’d rather see the battery in a car, just like the old catalogue photos.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 11 months ago #71496

Each time I see one of theses, I remember how short the runs were when I was a teenager and how long the charge was :-D

A parcel arrived today... I was getting sadder each time one asked on a forum if I'm going to print another Nichimo... I had to do something :-)

(There will be more details in the Bormac's Nichimo thread :-) )
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 11 months ago #71499

Finally Capricorn tube and bimetal heatbreak arrived.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 11 months ago #71520

Received a prototype D6 part to test fit on my Hot Shot II, Area's to strengthen confirmed and a final render will be ordered. I plan to race my HSII at the Vintage festival and apart from the arms, The D6 is the week point I needed to fix :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71548

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I’ve been keeping my eye out for an original Super Champ recently. I know it’s about to be re-released for the second time. But for stupid reasons that only become apparent once you start restoring these cars I wanted an original.
I know I might have to compromise at some point, or pay a silly amount of money for something tiny !!!
Any way I spotted this on the JK- RC site. The first time I spotted it, it said it was sold. Then a couple of weeks later it was back up.
The asking price seemed fair if not a bit on the low side, to the point that I thought I’d probably just bought a pile of junk.
To be fair at first glance it seems in reasonable condition. A dismantle and clean will reveal the truth.
At first glance I know the UJ’s are wrong, they should be steel not brass, the steering track rods aren’t right, it shouldn’t have the cage joiner pieces, the rear bumper is not there, the body is a right mess, front wheels missing the outer part, tyres are completely shot and the bumper is destined for the bin along with the tyres !!!!
I’m hoping the speed controller is complete , even though it’s in 2 pieces.
Some of the fasteners don’t look right, so I’m hoping threads haven’t been stripped.
I know I’m bound to have missed other things and somethings I’m yet to unearth ??
I really shouldn’t be starting on this, I’ve got loads of body work for other projects I’m just putting off.
I will at least strip this down and start cleaning everything up and make a list of everything I’ll need.
I mean is it still possible to get the black straps the hold the receiver and battery pack to the upper deck ???
And above all I hope that rear suspension is okay.
They short changed the re-release so I don’t that will help me much.
Bizarrely I have a few random bits I bought in the 80’s that belong to this, nothing major, but they might come in handy ???
I think the phrase wish me luck might be appropriate about now !!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71549

Nice, It's okay to want an original :) I may have one of those msc for you ;) 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71550

The new diff cases arrived for my TXT-1, All I needed (i Hope haha) to rebuild it :) 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71552

Yeahhh Al. Very nice super champ. I restored mine with a rere body and mciracing decals. I should have some parts in my mess if you need.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71553

Really nice find Al. Although well used there is something so satisfying about seeing one of these all used up, must have been run a lot. 

Will look great when you are done with it no doubt!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 10 months ago #71554

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the offers of help. Let’s get this stripped down and access the damage and make a list.

Definitely well loved ( used ).

But I think mostly there. Let’s see how this one’s goes ???
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.