Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71823

For some reason the "Fridge-on-Wheels" race cars always looked good.  Dunno why, but think has to do with "Volvo" and "Race Car" normally don't belong in the same sentence   

Volvo has actually a rich racing history, starting with the Volvo PV and Amazon, both very competive in rally back in the day.

Rydell is most known for driving the 850, but after that he drove the S40, winning Brand Hatch in 97

I always thought it was a shame that Tamiya released the BTCC 850 T5R in saloon guise rather than the estate versions used in the earlier season. At the time Volvo said there was no difference in handling between the two, but there was a small aerodynamic advantage with the estate. I'm not convinced, I think it was simply a big "flip you" to all the other teams, because of the psychological effect of being passed by a car you'd normally expect to be driven by the pipe & slippers, antiques fair frequenting brigade :D

I still have an NIP set of Carson decals for the Securicor sponsored estate, bust never found a body, and don't have any FF-01 chassis left anyway.  

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71826

I ended up in the ER yesterday and spent all day yesterday and today being tested to find the cause of my high blood pressure.

Sorry to hear that chap, did they send you home with a treatment?

I've found the worst thing for blood pressure is medical practitioners measuring it, and especially when they keep chasing a couple of millimetres of mercury for that "perfect" score :S 

Thank you for that mate.

I've been on blood presure reduceing tablets (lowest available) for 3.5 years now. That seems not to do the trick anymore so I'm now in the double amount, which is still low, since last Wednesday at my GP.
But that made no difference, in fact it was higher on Monday at my GP, so I was sent to the ER.
At the ER it was even worse.

Blood etc and all live measurements is all good, just a bit high heart beat.
Pressure slowly went down with one pill I got there right before I got my room after 4.5 hours in the ER.
Now it is a bit lower than it was at my GP, acceptable enough that they let me go home after they had several other tests the following morning.

They took some special blood samples that will take a week or so.
Later I will get an ampointment for a MRI scan.

They don't know what causing this, but it may be something I have heritaged from my mom + maybe a combo of everything else that I have.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71828

caprinut post=71826 userid=142
...They took some special blood samples that will take a week or so.

I'm not saying that not having to read everything twice wouldn't make my life easier, but it does mean it's full of unintended comedy. For instance, I saw the double O and the L (and the surrounding Ss) and and read that as: 

special stool sample

:D

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71833

Volvo has actually a rich racing history, starting with the Volvo PV and Amazon, both very competive in rally back in the day.

They have a lot of heritage in racing.  Down here, Jim Richards raced a works Volvo back in the '90's.  Still have a signed poster from him.

But Volvo are also well know (at least in Aust) as being driven by old folk, and generally bad drivers.  Typically a lawn bowls hat would be sitting on the rear parcel shelf... Hence the Volvo + Racing pun 
We also have a biscuit here called, wait for it.......  an "Iced Vovo"
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71834

must have been embarrassing for all the BMW drivers out there

My friend brought me these yesterday:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71836

One uncle of mine had 3 volvo a 940, a v70 and a s80. He was very happy of them and they were powerfull. I liked them.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71837

Richard you're maybe too stressed. I have sale matters blood pressure too high and too much bits of the heart.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71838

Estate rules :)
It reminds me friend driving a Porsche and showing me his car capability on the highway on the other side of the border (aka Germany). Put his foot down, cruising at 250 kph+, and saying "Normally no one is going to take over me now"... IT was just said, and there was four small lights coming at higher speed behind... He got on the right side, and next there was a BMW Touring taking over... (it was a special one, black, with some gold lines and "Alpina Biturbo" markings on the sides).
Next day, the Porsche was on sale...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Manotas, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71842

Estate rules :)
It reminds me friend driving a Porsche and showing me his car capability on the highway on the other side of the border (aka Germany). Put his foot down, cruising at 250 kph+, and saying "Normally no one is going to take over me now"... IT was just said, and there was four small lights coming at higher speed behind... He got on the right side, and next there was a BMW Touring taking over... (it was a special one, black, with some gold lines and "Alpina Biturbo" markings on the sides).

Hmmm well that sounds so frustrating...

I remember when i was going at a technical meeting in Germany, near Frankfurt, driving on the highway with the Civic Type R also at an unreasonable speed (full throttle and hitting the rev limiter) when i saw a few lights on the rear view mirror and then an Audi Q (can't remember what Q it actually was) passed by giving me the impression that i could just step out of the car  .
I told myself...well it's time for a coffee 
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 1 year 9 months ago #71844

That's a bit sad really, there's always someone than can go faster than you. I was passed by an A10 once, I don't remember feeling any wang-shrinking embarrassment about it and I certainly didn't blame the car :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.643 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.