Keyword
  • Page:

Poll: What is the best looking Super Buggy? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

58072 Avante
8 42.1%
58079 Egress
6 31.6%
58107 Top Force Evo
No votes 0%
58116 Dyna Storm
No votes 0%
Other!
5 26.3%
Total number of voters: 19 ( AndyAus, zephyrin, THE H.P FREAK, shawn67mustang, protean ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12027

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Forgive me for starting with the Avante... :blush:
I can imagine earlier cars could qualify as Super for their time.
So if you disagree - let's hear it!
But I thought I'd start at the first TRF related car.

I have a hard time choosing!

58072 Avante :

58079 Egress:

58107 Top Force Evo :

58116 Dyna Storm :

There's limited poll options so I've narrowed it down to cars with hopped up chassis and shocks... :whistle:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12030

I voted "other" ... I'm not quite clear what your idea of what constitutes a "Super Buggy" is - I would guess you mean a car with all the possible widgets of the time on it?

I was surprised to see your poll choices, I was expecting to see either cars with the word "super" in the name, and/or evolutionary versions of previous cars ... although they did tend to introduce as many problems as they fixed - e.g. the Bigwig improved on the Hotshot by having simplified suspension & four shocks instead of two, but the rack & pinion steering did nothing to improve the steering, and the chassis inexplicably gained weight; the Super Hornet had a more fragile chassis than the Hornet, and suspension geometery that was just as bad; and the Super Champ (which would be my vote) was I guess meant to be lighter, have a more rigid chassis, and improved rear suspension over the previous SRBs, but in reality was no improvement.

Plus I could never vote for a plastic whizzy buggy that looks more like something you'd expect to see Dan Dare flying rather than being driven off road - I don't think a car looks anything other than silly if it would be impossible for the rest of the drivers' body to fit, and for the driver to have any sort of forward view... The Avante is the least silly of the four choices I guess :silly:

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12032

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
The word "super" was mostly meant to make the topic title a bit interesting. ;)
We'd need a different poll system to include all the cars Tamiya called super somehow! :lol:
Included are the kits that were stuffed with upgrades.
Of course it's a matter of taste but I personally think they all look killer...

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12035

Avante cannot be beat they are awesome B)

Egress follows closely :P

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12039

I would have liked to see the Supershot on this list, it featured many period upgrades and even has "Super" in its name!! Of the cars mentioned I vote for the Egress purely because I think it is a great looking buggy. Also I believe it to be a more realistic attempt at a race car than the buggy which will probably score the most votes....stir stir... :P

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12041

My decision went
yuk
yuk
bleugh
carrots....
I voted "other" - Like Jonny, I don't do plastic whizzies, I'm only interested in the mechanics & any new ideas/improvements under the china jelly mould. Body-work wise, they should all be signwritten "Super go-fast flame hobby truck", or something.

How much I yak depends on how well the paint job takes your eye off the shape too, eg I think Edou's Top Force looks V cool, yet its horrendous in the pic above

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12048

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I certainly thought about adding the Supershot to the list. ;)
And some other models that are meant for high performance (even though they may be vulnerable).
Too spacey isn't my cup of tea either (like the Saint Dragon for example) but I tend to drewl over these particular models.
Although I'm not the biggest fan of the wings accompanying the shells...

:silly:

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12056

:laugh:
I vote for the AVANTE :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I think that it is the prettiest.
For running, I prefer my old madcap. Maybe is because it is my first rc but it was very fun and eavy duty.
I like ta 01 too.

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12140

Plus I could never vote for a plastic whizzy buggy that looks more like something you'd expect to see Dan Dare flying rather than being driven off road - I don't think a car looks anything other than silly if it would be impossible for the rest of the drivers' body to fit, and for the driver to have any sort of forward view... The Avante is the least silly of the four choices I guess :silly:

....Wow... It is these "fantasy" Buggys which I like best. They appear larger than life. I love the big spikey tyres, exaggerated suspension travel, huge "go fast" rear wings and cockpits borrowed from fighter planes. To me these buggys look fast just sitting still. The lack of driver legroom etc has never bothered me.

Re: What is the best looking Super Buggy? Vote! :-) 11 years 8 months ago #12188

No Thunder Dragon? :(

I'd go with the Egress.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.