Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45384

Last night I spent a couple of hours doing my vintage tires. I used the small + screwdriver method with matt white paint. I am happy with the results.

It still breaks my heart the condition of the front SR tires. I kept these tires in a bag inside a box in a cool place for about three years. They are original and were fresh new, but when I digged them out as I finally got a body for my Sand Rover I was shocked to discover they started to crack on the upper side of the wall. I have no idea the reason for this, the rear ones are just like new, zero signs of cracking!

I'm happy my buggy now has the tires done :laugh: I still have work to do on this one. Fitting the pinion to the motor has been frustrating to say the least. :dry:

The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45385

Your work is very fine and pretty. This rover looks beautifull. Seventies are back.
You will keep it semi silky or do you think put some clear coats?
This copper is «génial».
I love it.
The following user(s) Liked this: mongoose1983

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45387

... Fitting the pinion to the motor has been frustrating to say the least. :dry:

Tamiya can call the adaptor to fit a regular pinion to the smaller shaft of a 380 motor "3.2mm x 12 Brass Tubing" all they want, but it's standard 1/8", 14thou brass tube to everyone else ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45388

Hey Mongoose,
I am looking forward to your Cheetah report. I am interested to see how it was made into a 4 wheel drive. Let me know what you are looking for to make it 2 wheel drive again, I can check my parts collection as I did collect and build a few xr311's several years ago.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45390

So! Prolific day. I puted real front suspension on my 935 group C, puted a steering servo on my rm01 and I am painting my egress body.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45391

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Tamiya Madrid

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45397

Your work is very fine and pretty. This rover looks beautifull. Seventies are back.
You will keep it semi silky or do you think put some clear coats?
This copper is «génial».
I love it.

Thanks for the compliment on my work, Florian. I love the way it looks as it is. Also, back in the day I do remember the fiberglass bodies on 1:1 cars I got to see when I was a kid and none was crystal shiny, so this is more in tune with my memories as a kid. Plus, clear coats are a luxury to me as a modeller ;)

Here's a look at the rear. I'm in need of a license plate for this one. Why can't we ever have a lic. plate that's not from CA it's over my head. Would love something from the East coast GA, SC or NC, and of course from the early 70's!

... Fitting the pinion to the motor has been frustrating to say the least. :dry:

Tamiya can call the adapter to fit a regular pinion to the smaller shaft of a 380 motor "3.2mm x 12 Brass Tubing" all they want, but it's standard 1/8", 14thou brass tube to everyone else ;)

I used to try to find one of those to use a normal pinion but I gave up. When I finally come across one the price was more than that of a vintage 540 motor. I happened to have a modern Grasshopper pinion, but that seemingly gets there through pressure. My vice here won't go far enough to press it correctly and I don't want to hammer it down all the way as I can damage the motor. This is a unused orig vintage Mabuchi RS380 motor, the plastic endbell type!

Hey Mongoose,
I am looking forward to your Cheetah report. I am interested to see how it was made into a 4 wheel drive. Let me know what you are looking for to make it 2 wheel drive again, I can check my parts collection as I did collect and build a few xr311's several years ago.

I finally took some pictures. Here's its own thread:
tamiyabase.com/...-1978.html

Thank you all! :)

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45404

LM buggies were made near my home. And one of my teachers had one. They weren't glossy but more like new boats. My fiber beetle baja was flat due to the external stockage.
I think that your treasure could merit a light clearcoat. But when I'll be able to do a body like yours, I'll be very proud.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45410

mystery machine video

Last edit: by Hornet neil.

What did you do today? 6 years 8 months ago #45411

Nice. But be carefull with a cam on the lunch bumper. I broke mine

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.