Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45922

My son and I managed to break both cars in an hour ... but we had fun.

I owned and sold one Cayenne body some years ago. It was a nice body.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45925

Sting. "Back.. " ? - I never left. What, you missed me? ;)

Last edit: by uncletom.

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45926

Yes I missed your build buddy.

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45927

:cry: :cry: I failed the gold color on the avante main body ...

Looks like too much paint on in one go, with a coat thick enough to let it settle out & the solid elements sink to the bottom (and therefore top) ... no way to rescue it other than to paint on the outside or strip it off & start again, or get another body ... however, the issue is all over & looks fairly symmetrical - you could just live with it an calling it a deliberate "effect". Can you get a colour photocopy of the decals, cut them out & stick out on with blu tac, just to see what it looks like?

:)

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45929

I wanted to make a HERTZ version. I didn't wait enough between the first and second coat. And the temperature was a little too cold. I think that I will strip it off. I am waiting another body from TBG. I disliked the black too. But it is a nice effect on the tail. Black with a few gold sparkles. An idea to think.
Many thanks Jonny. :)

Re:What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45946

Stripped the Lunch Box today. After snapping the lower mount on my front shock a while ago I decided to do a proper fix and clean it up for a change. I bash it quite hard. Its amazingly tough!

I moved the rear lower mounts to the front shock assemblies. Then I trimmed the eyes off the rings and substituted them with some rod ends. It raised the rear suspension too.

The shock mounts on the gearbox also had a way of coming loose every so often. I took some rod and fabricated a brace to tie the two together. It should stop them from loosening now. Had to use some CA on the screws holding them on the box.

Also decided to pull the 5th shock out and replace it with a rod. The shock was cool and everything but the slap of the box hitting the guides irritated the badword out of me. The nose lifts all the time now, lol. But its quiet. Also added 1mm nylon washers in the slots to stop side to side movement in there. Full articulation is still available with smooth movement and even less noise.

Then some pics of it as its standing now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45947

Very nice preparation on this tiny lunchy.

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45950

Ordered a load of bits and bobs at shapeways. No shipment costs yesterday.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45957

I stripped 98% of the schnitzer body. I never had a so easy striping off.
Attachments:

What did you do today? 6 years 6 months ago #45959

I stripped 98% of the schnitzer body. I never had a so easy striping off.

What did you use
Neil

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.