Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55446

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I bought a blackfoot transmission dead

Original, nice. I like the colour as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55447

Thanks Al. It will becom boxart. It has the ford lettering on the hood. And I am waiting it.
My friend hasn't yet sent it. :(

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55453

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Thanks Al. It will becom boxart. It has the ford lettering on the hood. And I am waiting it.
My friend hasn't yet sent it. :(

Flo, can’t wait to see your work on this.
I’ve got my Blackfoot boxed up in the garage awaiting restoration. But yours looks far more complete than mine.
Looking forward to updates.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55458

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Finally finished my Blackfoot. Everything is original except the decals and paint (The body was quite badly damaged so it needed repair and respray). It's my first ever completed restoration. There are a couple of very minor bits & pieces outstanding but nothing noteworthy.

I purchased the decals from eBay and was a little disappointed when they arrived as some of the colours are not consistent with the original set. But I was eager to get this project finished so decided to use them anyway.

The only other irritation was the bumper which was in bad condition. I stripped it down and used a chrome spray to restore it. Unfortunately, the chrome is more silver.

The truck was in very poor condition when I received it and the body was almost split in two, so I can't be too disappointed with the outcome. But I am a little obsessive and sometimes get enraged at imperfections lol.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55459

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Some of the original pics.
Attachments:

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55460

I purchased the decals from eBay and was a little disappointed when they arrived as some of the colours are not consistent with the original set. But I was eager to get this project finished so decided to use them anyway.

What a great job you have done restoring this old beast, Such a shame on the decals :( I can see they are not MCI :O do yourself a favour and get a set of theirs to finish this off properly without looking at it with disappointment :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Sam

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55461

Just got this little friend painted up.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Sam

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55464

Great save on the Blackfoot Sam!

And a great, striking colour choice for the Lambo, Blakbird!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Sam

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55465

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thank you Andy, I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I definitely plan on changing the decals and would have done it much sooner had I not became a little disillusioned with the hobby after a couple of bad experiences with sellers. I'm sure everyone has suffered it at one time or another when the car you buy isn't what was described. I unfortunately got caught out twice in a row, once with a 2018 Manta Ray (wanted a modern summer basher) and the other was a Porsche 959. The Manta Ray was advertised as 'Hardly used' but arrived with the whole rear end hanging off, 3 splits in the hubs & gear housing and quite a few missing screws. And the Porsche was just appalling; it's was completely smashed up with a 380 motor rolling around in the box.

I managed to get the Porsche issue resolved thankfully, as it was quite a lot of money. But after all the problems with that, I decided not to pursue a refund for the Manta Ray and make that my next restoration project. It won't cost too much and the parts are plentiful.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

What did you do today? 4 years 9 months ago #55466

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thank you Larbut, very much appreciated.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 4.937 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.