Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 4 years 8 months ago #56311

.. hehe .. "Fig Newton stick", what's that? A quick search shows some chocolate stick thingy.

Well, there should be two wipers for sure.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 4 years 8 months ago #56312

"Wifes and dogs ..."
Come on Sting, all you need is a Miata, the NA type where you can flip those headlights.

Jonny, ;) now I get it. You need a bit of patience with us narrow minded swedes. Once you explain the humor there'll be drinking and laughter.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by uncletom.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56314

Worked a bit on another project while waiting the MCI decals for my Holiday Buggy

Preparing the GR-b body for painting

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56315

My dreaming chassis.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56330

Right! With fuel and all I got my little TG10 running yesterday.

And breaking it in is supposed to be very important:

As filter-oil I use a GL-5 transmission type oil, something left over from my diff-oil change last month. I suppose soaking the filter in oil will keep the fine grain dust away as well as repelling any water. It smells funny but it's what I have. Perhaps I could use Tamiya's damper oil next time?

Attachments:

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56331

:D Into the kitchen..... You're crazy Tom.
Your engine doesn't take lot of RPMs. Too much gasoline in my mind. It doesn't take enough fast its RPM to.
For your filter, one solution is to put the foam into nitro gasoline. There is oil into this gasoline and enough to lubricate your foam. Or use K&N filter oil. But not too much. Oil blocks air flux.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56332

"Your engine doesn't take lot of RPMs"
- oh, that would be because I used only about 20-30 % throttle. That was "break-in". After 3 tanks I tried giving it a bit more throttle, the car is a badword ROCKET!

Yes, well where else would I be doing my smelly experiments? At first I did it on the kitchen table, after 5 minutes I got dizzy and almost fainted I realized a factor totally overlooked; exhaust fumes. So the next best thing if you want to smoke inhouse, under the kitchen fan.

I really haven't touched anything, the motor is pretty much as Tamiya set it up. They recommend that the needle should be tightened 1/16 after each tank spent during break-in. As I understand the motor needs a certain 'rich' mix to lube itself while running. There should be some blue smoke still.

.. is it normal that the exhaust pipe drips a little fuel?

And what, my GL-5 oil is no good? Why pay 160SEK a bottle when I have oil here?

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56333

Yep. For a breack in you need a richer mix. But After 3 5 tanks, the engine should be ok.
Blue smoke and fuel in the hexaust, you have a too rich mix.
You always will have oil rest into the hexaust.
The needle need to be open between 2.5 and 1.5 turns for an optimal mix.
For trimming, full throttle and you close the needle until the max RPMs and you re open it of 1/8 1/6 of turn.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56334

Thanks for your tips, Sting. Right! I'll throw the info into the processing machine (my brain) and we'll see how it turns out.

OK, so there should NOT be a blue smoke? I need to tighten the needle some more then.

But; "... open between 2.5 and 1.5 turns for an optimal mix."
- I should turn the needle that much!? Tamiya will kill me!

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56336

That is for the basic trimming of the carburator. Tighten to the max the needle and open it of 1.5 to 2.5 turns.
But you don't need now because your engine is already able to run.
You just need to tighten a little more 1/8 per 1/8 of turn, until the engine takes its max rpm.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.