Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56424

Beautifull blackbird.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56425

Wow, it looks 100%! :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56428

Wow, it looks 100%! :y:

The body shell is a reproduction from TBG. I had a lot of problems with it because it is much smaller (~1cm) than the original shell so it doesn't fit right, nor do the decals line up properly. Still, I think it looks pretty good if you don't look too closely.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56433

I had the same matter with my avante body. A little too short. Tbg sent me another one.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56434

I had the same matter with my avante body. A little too short. Tbg sent me another one.

Was the second one any better? It seems like they would have to change the vacu-form mold to change the size. I had ordered an underdtray from TBG as well and that was unusable. The undertray fits the chassis so tight that if it is not the right size it won't work at all. Luckily the original undertray was in pretty good shape so I was able to reuse it.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56435

Was the second one any better? It seems like they would have to change the vacu-form mold to change the size. I had ordered an underdtray from TBG as well and that was unusable. The undertray fits the chassis so tight that if it is not the right size it won't work at all. Luckily the original undertray was in pretty good shape so I was able to reuse it.

No the body was the same but I drill the rear hole further. The undertray for the egress is a little short but fits.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56438

No the body was the same but I drill the rear hole further. The undertray for the egress is a little short but fits.

Luckily I did not drill the holes until I did a test fit so I was able to put them in a place that works. However, the back end of the body does not line up with the edge of the undertray. I assume the wing is also small but that's not really noticeable.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56439

3% smaller than the original.

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56450

Started disassembly of what will be a new to me 7 meter x 5 meter workshop :ohmy: it will be located to the rear of our home and my current shop will come down and the slab covered in artificial grass to turn in to a play area for My Son . The new shop will have a dividing wall so I can have a machine shop and a clean room for displaying and working on my collection (lots of room for those Box art Lars :) ) Oh and carpet :side:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, Pintom

What did you do today? 4 years 7 months ago #56452

Awesome Andy
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.541 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.