Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62334

A CR-01 the perfect starting point for a 3yo, Not fast but exciting because it runs over everything :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, Edou, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62341

Nic to see mini Andy enjoying some rc :y:

Not done anything vintage related, but I have the last couple of days done a tidy up on the wiring job on my SCX Hot Rod project.
A lot is going on that chassis, receiver, servo, esc, Castle BEC, winch controller, rock lights, 3x oututs for 3s power (winch, bec and rock lights).
Still need to wire in these items from HeyOk:
Light controller, brake lights (goes dim when driving or reversing), reverse, forward (not ging to use that) and always on, which will be my interior light.
Winch controller, my TFL winch is currently using a wirelass contoller on 3s due the slow speed of the winch. Going to order a new faster motor so I can use the HeyOk controller.
HeyOk servo pot adjuster. This will control my tiny 1104 (soon to be 1106) drone motor that is mounted on my scale V8 engine.
That tiny motor looks like an alternator and will power the fan belt via a mini ESC. That HeyOk servo pot adjuster will alter the signal on the mini esc so the "alternator" will always run when the vehicle is running.

The 3, 4 actually with the mini esc, last items is still to be wired up, but most others are sleeved with braided sleewing to clean up the wiring mess.
One thing I learned while fitting those braided sleeves is to cut the wire longer than needed as they tend to fry in the ends, and then use heatshrink on the ends after trimming the sleeves.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62348

I've been rounding out my Tamtech Gear collection. I love these little things.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, poebe, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, TamiyafanTrieste

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62349

The martini is awesome.
The following user(s) Liked this: TamiyafanTrieste

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62350

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I’ve been using my spare time in the morning to do a bit of a stock take on my boxes of spares. And giving everything a clean just in case the day comes to use a bit, I thought it would be nice to have everything cleaned up and ready to use. Or if I finally realise I’ve actually got too much stuff and I’m never ever going to use, at least then when it gets moved on I’m saving someone the nasty job.
The photos of my Cheetah / XR311 and Sand Rover spares are quite scary.

While going through this and looking at what I’d been buying recently, mainly the bits to finish off my Brat.
I realised I was starting to accumulate ORV chassis bits. And then you start thinking I wonder how close am I to being able to build something.
So these are the spares.
This got me thinking, so the red Blackfoot/ MB bits could be sprayed so they don’t stand out so much.
But the worst bit seemed to be the main chassis, bought in a job lot a while ago. This has obvious stress marks on the front. The crack was the give away.
Now a while back I do believe Lars did an article on boiling the grey Sand Rover bumper to remove stress marks.
Taking the leap that the plastic used was going to be the same, I thought I’d try boiling this chassis.
And I was pleasantly surprised at the result.
It’s definitely evened out the stress marks and it now looks a lot better.
It was as simple as holding the front part in a pan of boiling water for about 10 seconds at a time and putting it back in a couple of times until I got a result I was happy with and before anything nasty happened.
Cheers Lars. Sorry for the long post.
Al
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Al.

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62359

Wow those are some amazing gt-01's! I have the gto and cannot find the 935 anywhere :/
Viva la e po' bom

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62360

wow! nice 935

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, TamiyafanTrieste

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62377

Wow those are some amazing gt-01's! I have the gto and cannot find the 935 anywhere :/

You can still find a few of them on eBay but they are not cheap.

What chassis is that? Looks like the body from the GT-01 but I see foam tires.

There was a re-release of the 935 hard body (just the body, not the original car) a while ago that I have been searching for but I've never seen one. Does anybody here actually have one?

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62381

What chassis is that? Looks like the body from the GT-01 but I see foam tires.

1/12 Yokomo mini racer

Last edit: by poebe.

What did you do today? 3 years 5 months ago #62389

Brilliant tip regarding boiling the plastic parts.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 2.590 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.