Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64313

Without looking at the spec of every brushless motor out there, it's hard to give specific recommendations ... things to look for are:

- a "Turn" number ending in .5 (meaning a 540 size rotor in a 540 sized can) rather than a whole number (meaning a 380 size rotor in a 540 sized can, so half the torque), motors now go down to 1.5T but not necessarily in a spec that will fit the TL01, also look at the "kv" number (rpm per volt applied, so a 6,500kv motor x nominal 2S Lipo voltage of 7.4v = 48,000 rpm) when comparing two motors of the same turn count, _and_  the Lipo series count it can cope with (a lower kv motor than can cope with 3S is going to be faster than a high kv motor that can only run on 2S). Bear in mind the way the battery fits in the TL-01 ... a 2s "stick" pack will fit, but where would you put a 3S pack?

- due to the sensor cable invariably plugging in on the end of the can (which would be a problem with the TL01 motor position) it would need either to be sensorless (rare now) or side entry ...

- needs to be a 3.17mm shaft diameter ("1/10"), many motors that superficially look suitable have 5mm ("1/8") shafts.

- you need a suitable ESC, and (often) supply your own wire & solder the motor on

Look at the eBay listing below - I don't know that it;s the best option, but it's cheap by modern standards, will run on 2S or 3S, has the right sized can/rotor/shaft, the sensor cable entry position is ok ... not the most powerful motor out there but I'd question how much power that chassis can really handle ...

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64315

He he, spent too long replying :D ... I once put a 5.5T in a TA03F with the smallest possible pinion, running on 7.2v Nimh ... rubber tyres were impossible, I had to fit solid, hard polyurethane "tyres", even they had to be superglued on all over to stop them expanding & flying off. It was stupid fast, but completely uncontrollable at anything much over 40% throttle. 

I think a 10.5T combo would have more than "sufficient" performance, even on 2S :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64411

A very light scaling for my old custom mp body. Chrome lines around Windows my snoopy seats and a willy steering wheele.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64412

Like the chrome B)

How did you do it?

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64415

Like the chrome B)

How did you do it?
molotov pens jonny

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64416

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64433

Terra scorcher rere arrives....tony published an add

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64439

No pictures, but I sorted my RCCA (Radio Control Car Action) magazine collection today.
These range from 1988-2011, but 2006 was the last year I got the whole year.

And I can give you a tip if you are looking for cheap magazine holders, as Ikea does a 4 pack for about 2 dollars.
They are called FLUNS.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64475

Did a run with my runner Striker, in -6C. Was a tad cold lol.
After 30min +, the 2s lipo battery (4000mAh) was still showing 7.35V, so it had plenty of run time left, but by face was starting to get cold and a got a bit dizzy, so it was time to walk home.

I will try to run my Lunchbox tomorrow.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al

What did you do today? 3 years 2 months ago #64478

Dude Richard :y:

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.