Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65741

Yes me to Marc. But the slash climb trees. I saw a youtube vidéo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65752

Really, you trust what you see in videos? :-D
I also saw they can run on lakes on video....

Anyway, started to work on the Lunchbox after my day of work with my Daughter.
Motor and transmission are now attached to the chassis...

Not yet sure I'll do the hard body right away... My daughter seems to be in a hurry to be able to drive it, and she asked me to prepare the pink body (one of the lexan bodies) tomorrow morning. Anyway, I have to post in the dedicated thread now :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65757

Been working on my F-350 3 speed. Contacted Nathaneal in Canada about making me some decals to replicate an LA County Sheriffs vehicle (in black and white) to mimic the old 70's TV show 240 Robert. I even have some period correct (sort of) red and blue light bar for the top. It was a 78 or 9 Bronco so I have taken a little creative license by making it a late model pick up truck. I sent him a scan and I am hoping he can do it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65758

This morning was paintjob
Lunchy body, fluorescent pink....
Tadaaaa !

Still few elements to do on this body :
- stickers with the plotter
- led installation (but that will be for later)

This afternoon, building the chassis with my daughter is on the program...
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65759

It's a barbapapa.  :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65763

Great pick, Flo, she likes it!
Therefore, surprise incoming for the deco :-D... Later in the dedicated thread :-D

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65793

Second bodies for Lucnhbox and Lunchbox mini are trimed. Paint is not going to happen today as it is raining outside.

Still debating about painting the black edition hard body or not... If I finish by painting it it is likely to be black metal (TS). But I didn't decided yet. The thing is I have 3 dogs and cats, and there is a lot of things flying around at that period of the year (pollens, and other insects). I believe it is more difficult to succeed to get a clean paint when the paint is the finish itself in those conditions, and that is the source of my internal debate... May I should wait for a window of time right after a heavy rain to do painting...

And if the weather keeps itself being bad, It's likely I will have to do something else : build the Super HotShot...

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65797

3 cats 2 dogs and lot of trees around the loft. Try with a wet floor and put something over the body ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65800

silvertriple post=65793... I should wait for a window of time right after a heavy rain to do painting...

I sympathize, I can't spray indoors & have to hang anything from one hand while painting al fresco - though I can hang things up in a shed to cure. 

That being said, don't do it - humidity causes bloom (matt finish to the paint). You really need it to be >20C and <55% humidity for colour coats. You can fudge that a little by gently warming the paint and the item to be sprayed (and by doing light coats) but not by much.

Some of my failures to iullustrate the point: IIRC Red Beetle was c. just under 20C & just over humidity & could be rescued by more paint in better weather after a long bake out, Black Europa was (again IIRC) c 28-30C but 60% humidity, Blue Scorcher the weather was ok when I started, but the temperature dropped & humidity climbed rapidly when an unexpected front came in suddenly. I had to chemically strip that one back to bare plastic. I had a green Caterham 7 that looked the same as the Europa, but couldn't be rescued.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #65801

That is definitely why I prefer to paint on lexan, as the lexan itself is the finish...
Doing an Helmet with Spray on ABS or Plastic is just easy as there is less risks, and the mistake are less visible...

Will have to choose right time for the Hard body...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.