Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66399

Airbrushed the Australian Military kangaroo on the hood as a local nod LWF.

I love it.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66415

Noticed this morning while looking at the in progress build for the Super HotShot that the right upright  was not having similar range of move than the one on the left.

I had to examine this in more details to understand the cause. After few minutes of attentive look, I discovered that the outdiff was not properly positioned. I did unmount the front train, opened the gearbox and repositioned things properly. It is proper now. I did not have much time to advance the rest of the build today; The servo arrived, but the ESC did not (I will mount one with Lipo cutoff, as there is absolutely now way to put a lipo alarm on the Super Hotshot)...

I also made some search on the internet to see if there was sample of paints with Red Transluscent (PS37) backed with Gold (PS13) and black (PS5). I know the result when it is done with Bright silver (PS41) and black. I like it, but would like to check the other option before deciding. If someone made this, I'd like to see pics :-D

Last, I did spend some time in Fusion360 to learn how to use this piece of software. I already made more in one hour or two with this tool than with Autocad during my engineering studies, back in the nineties, when those softwares were all but user friendly...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66419

A very hard work today. I replaced the springs by aly shocks on my on road scale midnight
:D :D :D
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66455

Yesterday was my last work day for this week (work is quiet) So after I got in I decided I would print the rear hot wheels for Lunchy#3. I decided to print them 1 at a time as its an almost 9hr print for 1  So I left it going through the evening and it finished some time in the night. I took the pic when I got up. 

It came out pretty clean, didn't have much to clean up

Its got a little nick out of the front rim but I could possibly fix that and tidy it up as they're going to be painted anyway, not worried about the other flanges being a little uneven as they're inside the tyre.

This is where I could do with a lathe but until I have one I may try bolting the weak printed wheel (first attempt) into a drill and using some mini wood carving tools I have to even the flanges up. If it works on that I can do it one the wheels i'm going to use. 

Thats my update for today. Last wheel is printing as I type this. It should be done around 5pm

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66463

I love these rims.  

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66465

Did bit of work on he Super Hotshot today...

When you build it, you know it is a Hotshot with options... It's funny. The battery door is mounted with clips in order to allow it's opening to position the battery... But a few steps later you add the skid plate which remove this possibility, as it is fixed with tapping screws. As well the side battery retainer are shown on all drawings with 2 screws on each side, except at the step where you mount the left one on which there is only one screw to be mounted (that allow to put the battery)... I'm not sure why, but I like to discover thos inconsistencies when I build a buggy...

Next step will be starting by an executive decision about the paint. I can't decide yet between translucent red + bright sliver + black or translucent red + gold + black... Opinions and sample pics with transluscent red, gold and black welcome!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66466

I tried x11 silver + translucid yellow, that give gold. But nothing more. If you already have the paints, you can try on the cuted parts of the body.

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66468

Smll travel to my daughter today to give back is dog and make lot of hugs and kisses to my grandson. He is too cute. 

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66480

This morning, I refined some masking files in preparation for the Super Hotshot paint...
And this afternoon, decided to take benefit of the nice weather to apply two colours of paint. I did spend about 2 hours to apply masks first, then finally decided to go for translucent red and gold, as I believe this will be nicely assorted with the gold rims of the Super Hotshot.

I still have gold to do. I decided not to do all the deco with masking. I may give a go to numbers build with the plotter., but I'm not sure yet what to do, as it will all depend of the final result of the paint...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 11 months ago #66481

It will be shiny 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.