Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67091

Except that now, thinking a bit more, I may just have forgot that a screw is used to fix the body mount, and I should add a recess in order to allow room for the screw head...

But next print will be perfect...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67092

:D Marc

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67095

Yeah... that's the thing...  I did not prototyped the whole chassis :-)Ultimately, it's a small detail, it's very easy to fix: took me 2 minutes (or less) to remove what is needed, and launch another print... That's the thing when you prototype without having the chassis under the eyes, you do from memory, and sometimes you forget small things... But again, once you validate the principle, it's easy to go to the final version of the part... Anycase, another 3D project which is going to finish today...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67097

Now, it is done and finalized

Front mount with brace for the Lunchbox (stl found on Thingiverse) and adaptors for the Midnight Pumpkin

Rear mount for Midnight Pumkin (stl found on thingiverse) and adaptator for Lunchbox body

Everything is printed in PETG, and it will work. I will see with a friend if he can print those parts in Nylon/CF resine as I do not have the proper printer for this...

My son will be happy as he will be able to use the two bodies with minor work (with front Lunchbox mount and rear Midnight Pumpkin body mounts. Unfortunately this doesn't work with an Unimog body and I have no clue for other bodies that would work with CW-01 chassis...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, spannerman3, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67156

I rewired a rx antenna wich was cuted.

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67192

Just for fun. I puted electronics on my trinity street spec. I am waiting budget to buy coors mci decals for my new body and have 2 gen bill Elliot nascar tbird
Attachments:

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67193

• Al
  • Away
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I’m mentally preparing myself to do some painting.
It’s been a while.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67274

The Marui Hunter project is currently on hold as I will have to await for TBG to sell bodies again for it...

In the meantime, I decided to kick off the Kyosho Javelin build... I opted for the belt rather than the chain, as I intend to use it with a brushless motor...

Like with the Turbo Scorpio, the manual is extremely clear with important notes being highlighted to reduce the risks of mistakes...

Metal parts Bag A and B are now done...

I can already tell I'll like it :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 9 months ago #67279

Aaahhhh finaly it's on road. Same if I prefer the chain. Can't wait your build thread.

What did you do today? 2 years 8 months ago #67310

A bit of progress today...

Not sure how long this will take, but I start to be concerned that won't take much of time  : it definitely goes faster than what I expected initially. And there is no paint on the roll cage... I'll need to think at what comes next...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.