Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68563

I love the eyes. 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68571

I know these are very 1st world problems, but I have very limited hobby time & spending wondering where on earth to start with it all, not being able to find a part, tool (or car :whistle: ), or on moving stuff around feels very wasteful.

Worse though was knowing I will almost certainly have to move at some point, and knowing I wouldn't (presently) be able to do it -at best - without abandoning and/or giving away a lot. TBH I was beginning to feel psychologically crushed by the weight of my own possessions :whistle: 

Feeling a bit more positive today - i did at least manage to get the bench clear enough to to take some photos. Everywhere else = still a disaster though :D

I've also ordered a custom made (and surprisingly inexpensive) cover for the plotter / cutter so it doesn't get covered in styrene grindings & filler dust :)

I've also ordered a laser cut MDF paint rack for (some of) my 10ml Tamiya paint jars. This will free up a drawer in my toolbox (I don't materials should really ever have been in there) for regularly used small tools, and as it's a compact one with a top (rather than one of the expansive ones that, although very nice, need a whole desk dedicated to them) I won't really be loosing any space - the PSU & chargers will just be further off the floor :D

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68590

I found the smallest sand scorcher of the world 😁
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68613

miscellaneous on the beetle today. Ready for the camping during week-end shows.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68614

what a lovely beetle, i love it
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68615

Thanks Lem
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68616

Nice work Flo, it looks great. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68617

Thanks Lee. Now I have to work on the cockpit. The I have is too big. Same for a sand scorcher body. I will cut it. 😂
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68622

Gorgeous Beetle Flo! Love it!!   
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68623

The 3-drawer MDF paint rack from SphereDesigns on Etsy arrived, after partially assembling the drawers, I fully assembled the cabinet & stained the outside with thinned red acrylic. Everything then got one coat of nitrocellulose sanding sealer, and rub down & a second coat :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.