Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68828

Completed cleaning the body and amazingly found an old wing in my spares, I wont be going box art for this just because ;)  

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68831

Here are the 2 ones I restored in the same time. Mine is the one with blue star dish rims
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 6 months ago #68832

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68850

Had a productive day today. 
I was up very early so I started off by unblocking the 3D printer. I printed off a wheel last night for the new crawler tyres and after printing the first wheel I thought I'd start on the 2nd and then it blocked up 2/3 through the print. Unfortunately the 1st wheel wasn't quite big enough. I hadn't checked what it was for and although it said 1.9" it wasn't. Its the same size as for the WPL C24

The other wheel is the right size and has a bead lock ring. I just have to try it in the tyre

I did print another thing and that was an RC car stand. I hope it will replace the lumps of wood I have the cars on at the moment and hopefully it will be sturdy enough to use to work on the cars too. It has 3 different height legs and 5 different tops including one for a Clod Buster

Since that one printed ok I did another with a larger top and Tamiya inserts which I will need to paint the correct colours.  They're all on Thingyverse if anyone wants them. 

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68851

Update on the Crawler Wheel. It fits the tyre very nicely. I only need 64 screws now to attach the bead lock rings lol
eBay here we come. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68853

Update on the stand. It came out great and the Tamiya logo fits perfectly, Now I just need to paint the logo and glue it in, get some square rubber pads for the top and screw the top to the legs.

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68854

A lovely stand Lee.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68856

To start with, Whoever trimmed out the wing got a little carried away with the back so I glued some antenna tube across it for strength then after painting I applied some self adhesive alloy tape. For the colour I went with silver so that any red staining wouldn't show up as bad, Pretty happy with the result and any noticeable bits will be covered by the stickers I masked the windows so I could paint them with gun mental grey rather than the black stickers I'll leave the paint to cure and get the stickers ready

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68857

Pretty nice Andy.  The antenna pipe is a very interesting idea. Thanks.
PS, Windows sticker is smoke not black. ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 5 months ago #68877

A future rcman is going. My son in law will have his first real rc. My wt01 brat. New trans, flysky gt2 , 17t brushed motor, 2 4600nimh sticks, and a imax b6 charger. The good combo for me. And a surprise for him. A willy bike pilot and a frog one for copilot. (My grand son 9monthes old) in a pair of recaro 3d seats. 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.