Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71557

TEST RESULTS:

TA02 Carbon Chassis- At the start of the run a stripped spur gear was discovered. Makes sense as it has quite a bit of mileage on it. Swapped with a new one I had in stock (not quite ready for the high speed gear set   ) Ran really nice with the expected rear end breaking out under heavy acceleration and steering. Overall very predictable and enjoyable. Vintage black can Sprint motor provides adequate power and torque.

RJ Speed Pan Car- Very poor. I had higher expectations despite the build and I like the look with my body on it. Front does nothing but plow and chatter no matter where I put weight and the rear diff is very unmanageable as you either have way too much slippage and no acceleration or its locked up tight so the is no diff. No middle ground. The adjustment is far too coarse a thread to provide any kind of serious dialing in. Overall I guess the electronics will be stripped out and it will be a paperweight til I find a real chassis for it.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71558

Pretty nice nascar jim. And the tgx... I love it. With the period pink cvas. Congrats
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71559

The ta02 is awesome 👏👏

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71568

Still no internet at home and we did babysitting all the week with my wife for our grandson. He's too cute. Now we live at 35 minute of him. It is easier for hugs.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71570

Too bad for Internet but very good for the grandson!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71573

Yes Jim. Very tired but I love play with him. In few years, he will have his first rc. 😁😁😁

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71576

Oh yes! Never any doubt.......Maybe a Lunchbox??  

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71583

Or a grasshopper 1. I should have one in my mess... 😁

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71588

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Today I have been mostly purchasing parts for my Super Champ.
Pictures to come once everything turns up.
But hopefully, wheels, tyres, track rods, original rear bumper, correct UJ’s.
I sill need a couple of bits front bumper and I might wait to see if the body gets re-released with the kit re-re coming out.Failing that, I’ll have to get creative with what I’ve got.
The strip down is going as I thought, there’s always one or two screws that won’t budge.
So some bits are being cleaned, while some bits won’t come apart. There’s always a way, but I’m hoping not to have to replace anything. It would be easy to swap out some parts, but I’d like to use what I’ve got apart from the obviously incorrect bits.
At this point all in with what I’ve spent, I think I’m doing okay looking at prices. The starting point although dirty and used was pretty original and complete. I’m a bit nervous about some threads, but we’ll see ????

What did you do today? 1 year 10 months ago #71589

I can totally relate to your situation Al. I had a Bruiser a few years back that was very complete and seemed to be in rather good condition. Disassembly was sort of a bear as the previous owner used to like to drive it in the ocean/beach area and the salt water really made some things unsaveable . Fingers crossed that most af your parts are reusable.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.