Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73732

Woohaaaaaoooooo. It is too nice . I love this blue and with chrome parts and rims.... perfect.

Thank you, it is very odd owning it here in NJ as you never ever see any. There's some major things not original about it, like the wheels, paint, seats, suspension lift and front axle with disc brakes, but it helped make it affordable or I wouldn't have one. It's much more fun to drive not worrying about it being all original, if that makes sense. I love that people seem to enjoy it as much as I do, so here's a stripped down pic in Summer-mode:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73735

A pretty nice custom. I had a patrol gr y60 and I enjoyed drive it. Except for the consumption..... 12L/ 100 kms with a very soft drive.......
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73737

Nice Toyota, Is it an FJ Company build? I love seeing thier work :) I had a 75' FJ40 I called Bruce ;) We just used it for offroad fun :)  

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, GToddC5

Last edit: by AndyAus.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73738

Nice one Andy.👏
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73739

No Andy, not an FJ Company build - I said it was affordable! 

I found it 3 years ago. At the time it was about a 10 year old restomod. It came riding on some aluminum Baja wheels and 33X12.5 that required wheel spacers to fit, so I started shopping for a set of wheels that looked more authentic and some pizza cutter tires. So it's funny you mentioned FJ Company, because I happened across them in my search for wheels and got in on a pre-order for their aluminum "steelies". That's about all I could afford from them! Here's a list as it sits now:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73762

Huge day of setup, Stripped the B3 gearbox to check since I hadn't bult it. Found it in good condition but added some gear lube and set the diff, fixed a motor plate issue which enabled me to set the back lash correctly After lunch I chased my tail with the SC10b having a few electronic issues, Started with a faulty motor so had to change out the ESC and motor combo... Next the steering servo seemed to be loosing power so I changed it out for another of the same but same issue, Changed it out for another brand and the issue is fixed. Looks like the Savox servos were drawing to much current for my Spektrum receivers to handle in this setup The good news is everything is now 100% ready for Sunday racing 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73803

A concise touring car history timeline.  It is not perfect since they are not all necessarily sequential.  For instance, the TT-01 is still being made.  It is interesting to see where the various ranges overlap.  You can also see that the typical lifecycle of a chassis is pretty standard, but there are a few exceptions.  The TT chassis really stand out as being offered for a long time.  The TB Evo timeline doesn't correspond to the regular TB chassis at all.  I included the TC-01 on the list since it feels like a touring car chassis.  I did not include the new TD2 or TD4 since they are buggies.  It bothers me that they even start with T.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Last edit: by blakbird.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73804

These last years the ta02 is rereleased. 911 gt2 and 037 .  

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73837

Modified the mudguard files i downloaded from Thingiverse. They will fit tt-02 chassis equipped with dirt covers.

cults3d.com/en/...02-chassis

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Last edit: by Lemsko.

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #73858

Was in the mood to give the Dyna Storm some love tonight New black rims, New front tyes (and some ok rears) Removed old double sided tape and residue, New rear wing. I have some custom stickers to livery up this runner body and a complete new body set to do a custom old school scheme with

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.824 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.