Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 2 weeks ago #43072

:) Hi all
Hi, I am a big fans of the TAMIYA vintage RC car Wild Willy M38 in Taiwan!
My personal blog link is below:

jackwillyorz.blogspot.tw

I think tires are always a big headache for the vintage RC fans collection of out of released RC car ! These 20 to 30 year old tires are often cracked or split, or have been worn almost done. Good news from eBay! Replica tires ! From Hong Kong. It is said the commented on eBay is positive, I also buy two group of the tries, to be received and then to share with you guys!
jackwillyorz.bl...-news.html

:)
<p>Jack Willy Orz in Taiwan</p>
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 2 weeks ago #43076

TAMIYA! a very interesting case has come to my notice.

M38 Jeep (BRC-40 Jeep) is a famous military vehicle of the World War II, TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 straight water tank mask is completely designed as same by M38 Jeep style.

This famous military jeep also has a modified version of the second generation, the difference of between M38 and M151 is water tank mask appearance in front of the Jeep. M151 Jeep, the most obvious is the water tank mask into the horizontal type. If memories correctly, Vietnam War uses a large number of M151. Early rule in Taiwan, every boys have to take a service in army for two years . Jack often get on this car to check military strongholds all night.

It is a very interesting case has come to my notice which is TAMIYA released Wild Willy 2 in 2000, and the water tank mask into the horizontal type too ! You are a one , TAMIYA ! Haha!
Thanks for watching!

jackwillyorz.bl...30324.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 2 weeks ago #43078

Hi all

jackwillyorz.bl...yasuo.html

大塚康生(Otsuka Yasuo) - The father of the TAMIYA Wild Willy M38

大塚康生(Otsuka Yasuo) is a well-known Japanese illustrator and animator, I am understanding to this master just only on his animation: "The boy in future CONAN" and fans are familiar with the "Lupin III"(ルパン三世). Later I just to know that TAMIYA funny cars outline are designed by this master, so gather some information from the Internet for understand the important author of the TAMIYA Wild Willy M38!

bodymovin427.bl...12_31.html
blogs.yahoo.co....06620.html

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jack Willy Orz.

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 2 weeks ago #43083

The M38 appeared during the Corean war. Not ww2 ;) and the M151 is a completely different car made by Ford. Monocoque chassis made during the vietnam area.
The m38 is an evolution of the willys and gave for civilian the CJs.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Jack Willy Orz

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 2 weeks ago #43085

Hi, Corean war is mean Korean war, right?! I finally know that today, thanks a lot. :)

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 2 weeks ago #43091

:blush: yep it is Korean war. Sorry for the mix of french and english.
US GIs used a lot of WW2 stuffs during this period but the M38 arrived with a bigger engine and a face lift.
US army used ww2 and m45 stuffs.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jack Willy Orz

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 7 years 1 day ago #43291

Oh! The new in box style Wild Willy M38 is on the auction Yahoo Japan again!!! Unsurprisingly, the price~

Attachments:

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 6 years 10 months ago #44039

Ya! Again! I got it from auction Yahoo Japan, the TAMIYA Ni-Cd battery & charge set.

The battery is in the good condition, newly and never used.......

jackwillyorz.bl...ry-of.html

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 6 years 7 months ago #45834

I should have responded to this before :blush: I don't think anyone had picked up on the Wild Willy 2 being a Ford M151 Mutt - I've added a note to the TB Wild Willy body differences article www.tamiyabase....body-parts

:y: :)

Anything else about TAMIYA Wild Willy M38 6 years 7 months ago #45840

Hey all,
Jonny, I read your update and although I agree with there being some Mutt in it, I wouldn't really call it a Mutt....(its starting to sound like some kind of Dog forum isn't it :) ) I have really never thought the Willy II body was anything but a mess to avoid copyright issues. The 151 has a mostly different body tub, wider, lower, bigger doors, sure they grabbed the grille shape and the hood ribs but that's about it. I think the best thing you can do is sand off the ribs and change the grill..... then we all know what it is trying to be. ;) But hey, that's just my 2 cents worth. :laugh:

BTW, I will however give the big T credit for making the winch mounting stronger with the new grill shape.........Ok that's 4 cents now....
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.