Keyword

TOPIC:

Changing shape of your collection 6 years 6 months ago #45638

Two SRBs? Really? I'm trying to visualise what you collection is now ... "modern" (i.e. 1990 & on) buggies ... pickups, "big wheelers" .... and, ugh, _truggies_ ? ;)

Seriously though, I think I'm due another selloff - desk space, let alone shelf space has become a problem of late :whistle: It's not so much that number have increased drastically, but that the space each of my builds takes up seems to be increasing - that lifeboat takes up the shelf space of 3 big wheelers, for example.

The problem is that when I look at what I've got left, having gone from 100+ to 40 or so (including current projects), there's not a whole lot of fat left to trim - anything going now is stuff I'd rather keep, if I had the choice. Nevertheless, money is always tight & it would really help in finishing what i've got going at the moment.

Big wheelers will be the main victims of the first batch, with my King Blackfoot, Pajero wheely going first, along with my Lunchbox & Pumpkin (assuming I sort the front ends to work properly - I foresee going back to stock :whistle:). The BMW March and Kitshack Vosper RTTL launch are also on the list. The last time I looked, RC10 "Classic" (the gold tub re-release) were still below the original purchase cost, but now I wouldn't feel to bad about asking what mine cost (plus fees & postage), so that's on the list too.

2WD buggies make up the potential 2nd batch, with the Frog, both Foxes & my DT-02 Grasshopper are all under threat, along with my last remaining FF(01), and my TA03F.

Depending on what sells & how much for, my two Bigwigs & Hotshot may be up for the chop too.

I feel quite ambivalent about potentially "losing" the RC stuff on the list - at the moment, the positive aspects (having the cash to continue with the hobby fewer possesions meaning a slightly more simply life, always a good thing; plus a tighter focus in my collection {to SRBs, Willys, and stuff I've scratchbuilt}) aren't balancing out with or exceeding that one "negative"....
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Changing shape of your collection 6 years 6 months ago #45641

Wow, this is almost getting far to adult for me. Selling off the collection... I haven't even finished building them all yet :laugh:
But honestly Jonny I understand what you are saying, I don't like it...but I understand.
My tastes change from time to time, stuff just starts gathering dust, money could be better spent somewhere else, lack of space, lack of time......I hear you loud and clear. Lately I seem to be looking at too many listings, putting in bids thinking " well it's too good to pass up at that price" and in the end hoping I get outbid because of all the reasons just mentioned. All this at a time when I had promised myself that I would concentrate on getting what I have out on display where I could enjoy it and to work on building the stuff I already have.... but yet I find myself up late looking at spendbay listings and....bidding :blush: Oh the shame....I think that might almost qualify as an addiction ....almost. ;) ;)
Thanks for the inspiration to get back on track...hand on heart...I will not buy any more cars this year.....ya, I think that is a promise I can keep, as long as I stop looking at evilbay. I will try and spend more time here or better still at my work table so I will have something to show you all.
This is a really great place, I am so glad I found it, better late than never I guess.........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, AndyAus

Changing shape of your collection 6 years 6 months ago #45642

nikko body? the F150

Last edit: by poebe.

Changing shape of your collection 6 years 6 months ago #45645

nikko body? the F150

Not a Nikko but good a toy grade ?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Changing shape of your collection 6 years 6 months ago #45646

Yeah JR, I'm starting to focus my collection on the 2 & 4wd buggies plus the big wheels from between 84 to 91 :) I have just come to realize that these are the models that make me the Happiest :)
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, mongoose1983

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Changing shape of your collection 5 years 7 months ago #51630

Well I have been banging on about reducing my collection, Today I sold a bulk lot of 11 :blink: But I still have over 70 :pinch:

Changing shape of your collection 5 years 7 months ago #51631

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Changing shape of your collection 5 years 7 months ago #51633

I'm sensing a definite theme in your selloff there Andy ;)

Looking at my last post in this thread, I don't know if I can say if my plans came to anything. The Vosper RTTL went some time ago, with my "best" Bigwig, Hotshot, Frog, BMW March 782, both Foxes, and my last FF01 all going earlier this year. The 2nd Bigwig, TA03F & the RC10 failed to generate any interest at what i felt was my minimum.

The Pumpkin, Lunchbox, Pajero Wheelie & Brat I didn't get round to listing as I've still got plans for them, even if they are very far down the list. The DT-02 Grasshopper didn't get listed either, as I like having the combination of old skool looks and modern competance, even if I haven't driven it in ages.

With incoming projects, I'm down to 36. Or 37 if you count the Lifeboat, 38 if you count the "scale" Scorcher (which is incapable of ever being RC'd - but does take up space). 39 if you count that Tonka. So not really down at all :whistle: I'd like to think I'm continuing to tighten in on my focus of popular, hardbody 1979-83 cars & scratchbuilt stuff, but I can't really say that's happening either. :confused:

Changing shape of your collection 4 years 9 months ago #55615

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Changing shape of your collection 4 years 9 months ago #55616

Disgusted of the shipping Cost

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.