Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51826

I've been using the plastic caps of Tamiya Spray cans as "axle stands" for the buggies, and sometimes empty paint jars.
Both work great, but sometimes they are either too low to lift the tires off completely, or too high for for instance road models.

So... what do you use?

I'm looking for simple, "costless" options. Somethig we all may have lying around, or something inexpensive one can buy.

Let the creativity flow :-)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51827

I use several things. I had the opportunity to have jewels stands. But I use hard foam to, and old rims.
Like I miss space, I use other rc to stand ones.......... :blush:

Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51828

Lars, I love your spray caps method.

Re:Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51829

Old (RC) tires and foam packaging of server harddisks

Re:Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51831

How about using some 60-80mm tree branches, Cut to the thickness required to keep each models wheels of the shelf. Varnish the branch piece so it looks nice and add some Felt to one or both sides to protect the chassis :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51833

I love your concept Andy.

Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51834

I'm using the card boxes that the small Tamiya paints comes in as I have some of those, but not enough to cover all the models.

As Andy said, the most cost efective would be a wood stick at Byggmax etc and cut slices to the requried hight.
I hate flat spots on the tires, so I need something to cover all my rigs too.

If you have 3d printer, axle stands or making some boxes of some kind should not be hard or expensive.
I have axle stands for my main off road rig :)

Easy stands for models? 5 years 7 months ago #51835

Great ideas!
I know I have a heap of both old wheels and tyres, but I like Andy's idea, combined with Caprinut's!
Nicely made tree branch disks would look ace, but would involve quite some work.

I've googled and there are some options in finding "round-bar wood" in up to 80mm diameter. Cutting those in pairs of various lengths would be easy. I also stumbeled upon acrylic pipes up to 60mm in diameter, but the price on those does not allow for making 150 to 200 stands (two each)

The wood round bar: ("Staur" in Norwegian, typically used for fences in the fields/gardens)
www.plantasjen....0017302-no

The plexi pipes: (on a Danish site)
www.interglas.d...-1438.html
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.