Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55010

Hey All

I suppose I'm a bit "dense" so bear with me...How can I change the little "saying" below my picture?
Mine says "no guts, no glory"
Is that editable?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55011

Hey All

I suppose I'm a bit "dense" so bear with me...How can I change the little "saying" below my picture?
Mine says "no guts, no glory"
Is that editable?
Thanks

Not directly. That's a function of how many posts you have. It will change automatically as your post count increases.

They are all Tamiya quotes from stickers, usually from a buggy wing. Bonus points if you can identify the model yours comes from. Mine is currently "Devilsome!" which comes from the Manta Ray.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Last edit: by blakbird.

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55016

Ahhh.
I knew that Devilsome was from the MantaRay...and I knew that No guts No Glory sounded familiar, but couldn't add it up...DUH
No bonus points for me, I cheated and looked it up..The Frog!

Thanks

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55017

Looking things up isn't cheating, looking things up is what having a database is for! However if you still want to get a win, I'll offer more bonus points for finding the portion of the forum that defines what all quotes are, in order. You'll have to dig deep for this one.
(disclaimer: bonus points have no cash value)

For my own amusement, I've listed the cars that they come from:
  • Frog
  • Avante
  • Hornet
  • Falcon
  • Blackfoot
  • Manta Ray
  • Astute
  • Clodbuster
  • Top Force
  • Top Force Evolution
  • Bruiser
  • Super Champ
  • Sonic Fighter
  • Egress
  • Grasshopper II
  • Vanquish

Now if I was making the list I'd have put the Avante much closer to the top than the bottom. Bonus, bonus points if you know which car on the list isn't from the first 100.

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55021

Well I will make a guess, and I will say I am always surprised as to how many cars were in the first 100 ( yes I know, there are 100, ha, ha, ha ) I always think the Astute was about the last but it's really in the 80's somewhere.
But for my guess I think the give away might be you said only one and I think it's the the top force evolution...
I know the Top Force is very near the end of that 100 list, I thought it might not even be on it so the evolution must be a follow up and even later. But to be honest I can't really remember cars like the sonic fighter and manta ray so they might be much later too.
OK enough out of me....B)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55024

I have to go with the Egress, "Running Way Out' or is it "Way Out Running" , next to build, under my work station

I just don't think that model, with the carbon fiber was available early on

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55028

oldwilly got it right. The Top Force was #100 and the Evolution was later. The Egress was actually 79 and the Avante had carbon fiber way back at 72.

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55071

An old thread discussing forum ranks can be found here , TBH the cars the original ranks came from played no part in the heirarchy, and the additional later ranks were made up from the "sayings" (I guess?) that were left.

It was just meant to be a bit of Tamiya related fun with a pretty standard forum function, I don't think anyone has worried about it before ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55073

It was just meant to be a bit of Tamiya related fun with a pretty standard forum function, I don't think anyone has worried about it before ;)

It worked! Here we are still having fun with it 7 years later.

Editing my Profile 4 years 11 months ago #55076

You are all right....Im having a lot of fun...although my wife just doesn't understand
Thanks for the replies!
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.